Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

GU-1WviX0AA-4wp

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
I'm gonna be the glass half full guy here and say that it is a good sign though that Nakobe did beat him out for the starting spot.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
From what WIP is saying, Devin White was going to be backup to Nakobe

You called it that White was a trash signing
Just a day ago Jon Ritchie was talking about how much of a monster he is and how he's going to be flying from sideline to sideline causing turnovers. I had a hardy chuckle.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Just a day ago Jon Ritchie was talking about how much of a monster he is and how he's going to be flying from sideline to sideline causing turnovers. I had a hardy chuckle.

Whenever he's wrong, he just says a long "ohhhhhh" and gets quiet as DeCamara banters. It's a fun listen.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Chinatown88

I picked 10th. Roast me.

QB - Joe Burrow
RB - Derrick Henry
RB - De’von Achane
WR - A.J. Brown
WR - Jaylen Waddle
TE - Dallas Goedert
RB/WR/TE - Tee Higgins
DEF - Ravens
K - Justin Tucker

Bench - Raheem Mostert
Bench - Jameson Williams
Bench - Matthew Stafford
Bench - Dalton Schultz
Bench - Jerry Jeudy

My running backs are rough…

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
@Chinatown88

I picked 10th. Roast me.

QB - Joe Burrow
RB - Derrick Henry
RB - De’von Achane
WR - A.J. Brown
WR - Jaylen Waddle
TE - Dallas Goedert
RB/WR/TE - Tee Higgins
DEF - Ravens
K - Justin Tucker

Bench - Raheem Mostert
Bench - Jameson Williams
Bench - Matthew Stafford
Bench - Dalton Schultz
Bench - Jerry Jeudy

My running backs are rough…
Pray Henry goes back to old form. I don't like the Ravens Online. Hopefully that Miami backfield works out since you locked it mostly down. Maybe it gets some clarity when there's wear and tear. Make sure Jaylen Wright is on your watch list.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Pray Henry goes back to old form. I don't like the Ravens Online. Hopefully that Miami backfield works out since you locked it mostly down. Maybe it gets some clarity when there's wear and tear. Make sure Jaylen Wright is on your watch list.
I hosted the draft and from like rounds 5-9 I was on the grill so I already don’t have faith that this year is gonna be a winner but oh well.

Didn’t do any studying before the draft and my sheets that I trust as gospel were useless because I didn’t get to cross people off during those rounds to even know who was taken.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What the heck, I'm down for a roasting. 10 team, half-PPR, no kickers, and a bunch of other little modifications (more positive value for defensive things, half-point for rush/rec first downs, more negative points for INTs/pick 6s, more points for passing TDs, etc.)

1.1: Christian McCaffrey
2.10: Josh Jacobs
3.1: Mike Evans
4.10: Brandon Aiyuk
5.1: DeVonta Smith
6.10: Dallas Goedert
7.1: Zay Flowers
8.10: Tony Pollard
9.1: Baltimore DEF
10.10: Austin Ekeler
11.1: Ladd McConkey
12.10: Dak Prescott (Keeper)
13.1: Jordan Addison
14.10: Justin Herbert
15.1: Jake Ferguson
16.10: JJ McCarthy (potential Keeper stash)

Waivers: Rashid Shaheed

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I hosted the draft and from like rounds 5-9 I was on the grill so I already don’t have faith that this year is gonna be a winner but oh well.

Didn’t do any studying before the draft and my sheets that I trust as gospel were useless because I didn’t get to cross people off during those rounds to even know who was taken.
Always believe in the Crimson Herberts

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I picked seventh. No research, because I do better when I don't overthink. Just logged on, joined a league. Draft wrapped 10 minutes ago (PPR):

QB - Jalen Hurts
RB - Saquon Barkley
RB - Alvin Kamara
WR - Justin Jefferson
WR - Chris Olave
TE - Dalton Kincaid
FLEX - Jaylen Waddle
DEF - Ravens
K - Dicker the Kicker

Bench QB - Brock Purdy
Bench RB - Rhamondre Stevenson
Bench RB - Jerome Ford
Bench WR - Rome Odunze
Bench TE - Dallas Goedert
Bench DEF - Lions
Bench K - Ka'imi Fairbairn

I like my starters, but depth isn't that great if injuries take hold. Then again, at least two RBs, two TEs, and several WRs always come out of nowhere every year. Had my choice of Saquon and A.J. Brown in the second round, but WR was deeper than RB, so I went with Saquon.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
I missed the draft and picked last (10th), the auto-pick actually did a pretty good job I think.

1.(10)A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)
2.(11)Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB)
3.(30)Josh Allen (Buf - QB)
4.(31)Sam LaPorta (Det - TE)
5.(50)Stefon Diggs (Hou - WR)
6.(51)Zay Flowers (Bal - WR)
7.(70)Raheem Mostert (Mia - RB)
8.(71)San Francisco (SF - DEF)
9.(90)Younghoe Koo (Atl - K)
15.(150)D'Andre Swift (Chi - RB)
16.(151)Keenan Allen (Chi - WR)
17.(170)David Njoku (Cle - TE)
18.(171)Jared Goff (Det - QB)
19.(190)Jerome Ford (Cle - RB)
20.(191)Minnesota (Min - DEF)
21.(210)Greg Zuerlein (NYJ - K)

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
I missed the draft and picked last (10th), the auto-pick actually did a pretty good job I think.

1.(10)A.J. Brown (Phi - WR)
2.(11)Jonathan Taylor (Ind - RB)
3.(30)Josh Allen (Buf - QB)
4.(31)Sam LaPorta (Det - TE)
5.(50)Stefon Diggs (Hou - WR)
6.(51)Zay Flowers (Bal - WR)
7.(70)Raheem Mostert (Mia - RB)
8.(71)San Francisco (SF - DEF)
9.(90)Younghoe Koo (Atl - K)
15.(150)D'Andre Swift (Chi - RB)
16.(151)Keenan Allen (Chi - WR)
17.(170)David Njoku (Cle - TE)
18.(171)Jared Goff (Det - QB)
19.(190)Jerome Ford (Cle - RB)
20.(191)Minnesota (Min - DEF)
21.(210)Greg Zuerlein (NYJ - K)

Back when I was buying FF draft guides (I think the last time was when Brian Westbrook was a rookie), I would enter two leagues - one where I drafted purposely, guided by the "experts'" opinions and another where I went on auto-draft mode. I always did better in the latter scenario because I found myself "managing" that squad more actively, especially when ripping through the waiver wire.

Reactions: Mkoll

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Got 2 leagues so I'll post them both:

First league, 10 teams, picked 8th

QB: CJ Stroud
WR: Ja'marr Chase
WR: Garrett Wilson
RB: James Conner
RB: De'von Archane
TE: Goedert
W/R (aka FLEX): Brandon Aiyuk
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Chicago Bears

BN: Zamir White, RB
BN: Jaylen Warren, RB
BN: Devin Singletary, RB
BN: Chris Godwin, WR
BN: Pat Freiermuth, TE
BN: Brock Purdy, QB

2nd league, also 10 team, but it's dual QB and 2 keepers (your keepers cannot be QB's). My keepers were AJ Brown and Sam LaPorta

QB: Joe Burrow
QB: Kyler Murray
RB: James Conner
RB: Isiah Pacheco
WR: AJ Brown
WR: Drake London
TE: Sam LaPorta
FLEX: DJ Moore
D/ST: SF (ugh)
K: Jake Elliott

BN: Zeke Elliott, RB
BN: Dallas Goedert, TE
BN: Najee Harris, RB
BN: Tee Higgins, WR
BN, Tyjae Spears, RB
BN: Chicago Bears D/ST (picked last and picked because I had them in my other)

Thoughts?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
White was signed as an insurance policy, going into camp, they had no idea what to expect from Dean, Trotter and VanSumeran, whether Baun could play inside. Ironically, Burks was probably the only sure thing, and he got hurt.

I think VanSumeran is the player that's pushing White out, VanSumeran has the same raw athleticism, 2" in height (helps in coverage) and showed a lot of progress this August as well as being a top ST guy. So you'd rather go with the 2nd year player who was raw coming out of college and hope he continues to improve than the veteran who has shown he lacks instincts.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
White was signed as an insurance policy, going into camp, they had no idea what to expect from Dean, Trotter and VanSumeran, whether Baun could play inside. Ironically, Burks was probably the only sure thing, and he got hurt.

I think VanSumeran is the player that's pushing White out, VanSumeran has the same raw athleticism, 2" in height (helps in coverage) and showed a lot of progress this August as well as being a top ST guy. So you'd rather go with the 2nd year player who was raw coming out of college and hope he continues to improve than the veteran who has shown he lacks instincts.

Unless I’m forgetting someone, White is the 3rd highest paid Off Ball LB since Howie took back over from Chip. And he’s only 3rd if you include Mychal Kendricks, who was paid when Chip was still here. Otherwise it’s Nigel Bradham and then White.

Yes, having a vet is a very Howie thing to do. No, he was not signed as just an insurance policy. It was an attempt to buy low and rehabilitate a guy’s career. I don’t think he was ever particularly good, but NFL teams sure did.

Reactions: trostol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad