Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): THIS IS BRAZIL (Start Of 2024 Regular Season)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Now listen. He may have the pocket awareness of a squirrel in the middle of a 12 lane highway, but INTANGIBLES. FIRST ONE IN LAST ONE OUT.
He says all the right things

Daniel Jones is going to outperform Hurts to some magnitude today and I can only hope someone important out there notices and takes the hint

"The defenses have been dominating" is a really weird way to say Jalen Hurts is horrendous

Chinatown88

1 year 3 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
From my cousin in law yesterday.

"That text makes me feel sane. Every time I watch an Eagles game, I come away thinking 'Am I the only person who thinks Jalen Hurts sucks?' It's like the dude is permanently scarred from losing the starting QB job at Alabama. He's determined to hover up any available star for himself and constantly wants to play hero ball. Smh"

IT'S TIME TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION NATIONAL NFL MEDIA

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
From my cousin in law yesterday.

"That text makes me feel sane. Every time I watch an Eagles game, I come away thinking 'Am I the only person who thinks Jalen Hurts sucks?' It's like the dude is permanently scarred from losing the starting QB job at Alabama. He's determined to hover up any available star for himself and constantly wants to play hero ball. Smh"

IT'S TIME TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION NATIONAL NFL MEDIA
The talk around Hurts has been almost entirely negative for 18 months straight.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
How do GMs/owners see this stuff and still pay mid QBs?

Ok, so Howie is not an idiot. Lord knows I have my problems with him, but I think we can all agree he's not Fletcher or anything.

The #1 priority of every GM is to keep the job and don't let them tell you otherwise. So he errs on the side of locking up every young player with a pulse whenever possible. Sometimes it looks like this and it's painful. Other times it allows them to keep rolling contracts and they end up with one of the most talented lineups in the league for a 2-3 year stretch. You don't need Wentz to be the 2017 horseshoe up his ass version. You need someone good enough to keep your job. If Kelce didn't retire, they're probably about where they were last year and they might make the playoffs. In essence, this was the plan.

I also have major, major, major problems with their QB evaluations going back a decade. Different issue to me.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
gotta hope when the game is done they put Saquon in bubble wrap and back into his box so he doesn't get hurt..because he is like their only offense

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Ok, so Howie is not an idiot. Lord knows I have my problems with him, but I think we can all agree he's not Fletcher or anything.

The #1 priority of every GM is to keep the job and don't let them tell you otherwise. So he errs on the side of locking up every young player with a pulse whenever possible. Sometimes it looks like this and it's painful. Other times it allows them to keep rolling contracts and they end up with one of the most talented lineups in the league for a 2-3 year stretch. You don't need Wentz to be the 2017 horseshoe up his ass version. You need someone good enough to keep your job. If Kelce didn't retire, they're probably about where they were last year and they might make the playoffs. In essence, this was the plan.

I also have major, major, major problems with their QB evaluations going back a decade. Different issue to me.
Wouldn't overpaying a mid QB immediately hurt your chances though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad