OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Culture will always beat talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I expect notes on the tape.
My notes:
anigif_original-grid-image-9218-1374674415-49.gif

But really, I'll watch it a third time later in the day and actually come up with some notes. I noted some specific plays and times that I want to go back and look at more.

Or you're a masochist HC.

The watching it a third time might just confirm this.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You all know the opening monologue to The Lord of Rings there is a quote, "But they were all of them deceived". That is pretty much all of Philadelphia.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
All blame begins and ends with Chip Kelly because his is the coach and GM. If the players underperform, either he picked the wrong players as Gm or he is not putting them in the best positions to succeed as coach.

The only scenario in which he doesn't get complete blame is for freak injuries decimating the roster and even then he might deserve some blame by one choosing injury prone players and two putting players in dangerous situations like running the read option with a quarterback not physically able to do it or keeping defensive players on the field for more time than others teams due to his strict adherence fast paced offensive.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Massive Cowboy fan co worker just came to my office and actually felt bad for what Chip has put together. I feel better now as he couldn't even make fun of me.

Plus I bet him $100 the Eagles would have a better record this year :cry::help:

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
This OL is one of the worst in the leagues and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

The 3 most important positions didn't change, I know the guards are different, but its not like Herremans and Mathis are killing it at their teams.
some of it is missed assignments, which is fixable (like when they pull and nobody picks up the linebacker who gets a clear shot).

Even if 4 guys do their job, if one guy gets blown off as bad as Gardner seems to every down, then the play is getting blown up. The times when that guy doesn't epic fail, someone else is...

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Massive Cowboy fan co worker just came to my office and actually felt bad for what Chip has put together. I feel better now as he couldn't even make fun of me.

Plus I bet him $100 the Eagles would have a better record this year :cry::help:

What an idiot. Cowboys fans have nothing to be happy about. No Dez and now no Romo. They can be 2-0 but their season is basically done.

They might as well wait for 2016.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
First Quarter Offense:

First drive:

Play #1 1st and 10: Murray run for one yard where no run lane is present because offensive line is jumbled mess on left right side. Play had somewhat potential if Matthews blocked his man as Murray would have only had a DB to beat on left side of mess. Instead Matthews gets beat by his man resulting in Murray getting tied up for a one yard gain.

Play #2 2nd and 9: 8 Yard pass to Agholor. Solid pass blocking all around, no lineman got beat. Pass outside to Agholor where Murray was blocking on the outside. Could have been a first down. Play results in a third and one.

Play #3 3rd and 1: Incomplete pass to Matthews. Clean pocket for Bradford. Good coverage down the field all around. No one was open and right as Bradford released the ball Peters' man broke loose. If Bradford didn't pass when he did it probably would have been a sack. Matthews was outside on the DB and what I would consider open. Bradford underthrew the ball and Matthews got tangled up with DB and fell over. If ball was thrown better to outside of field it would have been caught.

Second Drive:

Play #1 1st and 10: Run by Demarco Murray for a 3 yard gain. No missed assignments from what I could see. Murray got what he could with the linebacker making the tackle.

Play #2 2nd and 7: Incomplete Pass to Josh Huff (DPI Called On Play). Barbre and Kelce double-team a lineman resulting in Kelce being pushed backwards almost into Bradford by Cowboys player. Other line play seemed to hold up.

Play #3 1st and 10: Darren Sproles run for -4 Yards. Kelce isn't able to get off the ball to make his block on Sean Lee. Lee makes the tackle in the backfield causing the loss.

Play #4 2nd and 14: Pass to Murray for a 6 Yard Gain. Lane Johnson got somewhat beat causing the pocket to close around Bradford. Matthews was open to make the catch on a crossing route but would have been hit quickly. Bradford got happy feet and decided to check down to the RB for what would resulted in more yards than throwing to Matthews would have resulted in.

Play #5 3rd and 8: Incomplete Pass to Jordan Matthews. Ball is dropped by Matthews in a similar fashion to the game last week. From what I can tell Matthews made somewhat of an unnecessary jump to catch the ball. If he had caught the ball he would have been immediately taken down short of the first down because of leaving his feet. The pass protection seemed to do it's job on that play.

Third Drive:

Play #1 1st and 10: Two Yard Run By Murray. Kelce gets completely beat by his man causing the play to go for a short gain.

Play #2 2nd and 8: Two Yard Loss By Murray. Kelce gets bullrushed off of the ball into the backfield back four yards. Gardner doesn't help and is in the backfield also while Sean Lee comes through the hole due to Gardner's absence. Barbre at the same times stands around looking for someone to block in the second level and chooses to block no one instead. He could have taken Lee but instead took no one.

Play #3 3rd and 10: Incomplete Pass To Miles Austin. Nicely thrown ball by Bradford down the field to Austin on somewhat of a back shoulder catch. I would classify this a drop by Austin although the Cowboys DB did a good job of getting a hand on Austin's arm. Pass protection did their job and Bradford had time to look down the field. All other receivers were covered.

End of First Quarter.

Overall watching the first quarter again I got the same feeling most of you had throughout the game that the Offensive line was unforgivably bad. The Eagles finished the quarter with four rushing yards and Bradford went 2/5 for 14 yards. If the receivers made the catches they should have the quarter looks completely different. That is fixable. The pass blocking did their job and Bradford seemed comfortable on all but one of the passing plays that quarter.

Admittedly this would be easier to view using the All-22 angle but I am going to try my best with the game broadcast.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
some of it is missed assignments, which is fixable (like when they pull and nobody picks up the linebacker who gets a clear shot).

Even if 4 guys do their job, if one guy gets blown off as bad as Gardner seems to every down, then the play is getting blown up. The times when that guy doesn't epic fail, someone else is...

Thing was... Gardner was horrible last season.

Dont know where they thought he would be good all of a sudden.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
What an idiot. Cowboys fans have nothing to be happy about. No Dez and now no Romo. They can be 2-0 but their season is basically done.
they'll be fine if they can go 4-4 while romo is out [if he can get back by then]

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
they'll be fine if they can go 4-4 while romo is out [if he can get back by then]

Their schedule doesn't exactly lend them any help outside of a bye in Week 5.

At NO
NE
BYE
At NYG
SEA
PHI
At TB
At MIA

Romo will come back (if we're using an 8 week timeline) to face the Panthers, @Redskins, @Packers, Jets, @Bills, and Redskins.

Even though they're 2-0 they have an uphill battle with Weeden as their QB and without Bryant. Witten also has two sprained ankles and a sprained knee.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I highly doubt he is back in 8 weeks.
agreed but that's the best possible outcome for the cowboys

I'm beginning to get really sick of this:
Time of Possession: 40:30 Dallas - 19:20 Philly
17 runs vs. 37 passes
yeah, system, I know, blahblahblah but we make it so easy on the other defenses

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
agreed but that's the best possible outcome for the cowboys

I'm beginning to get really sick of this:
Time of Possession: 40:30 Dallas - 19:20 Philly
17 runs vs. 37 passes
yeah, system, I know, blahblahblah but we make it so easy on the other defenses
TOP is overrated if you are scoring points. We are having a biiiit of a problem with that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad