OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Culture will always beat talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Just baffled that people convinced themselves Foles sucks. This is a guy that, as an Eagle, had 46 touchdowns to 17 interceptions, averaged about 250 yards per game and completed over 60% of his passes. His huge season was anomalous, but he's a dependable starting QB in the NFL. Sam Bradford may have more talent, but two disastrous leg injuries and absolutely no awareness/confidence render that pretty arm useless. Foles is a better football played and was never the thing holding the team back.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Are you talking about the Aglohor play? I am not sure that the WR was wrong, but they weren't on the same page.
yes. It could have been Sam who was wrong. Just saying people watch on TV and think he is overthrowing, but if then wr goes the wrong way, nothing the QB can do. Hard for us to know.

What I do know is that all the drops or the tip drill it's are not on the qb.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Bottom line: bradford hasn't been great by any stretch, but it's hard to accurately judge how good he is or isn't when every single body on the offensive side of the ball isnt getting anything done. The o-line is absolutely atrocious, his backs are doing nothing because of that, and his receivers can't get open because the defense knows nothing is going to happen out of the backfield, and when they do get open, they can't hang on to the ball.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Just baffled that people convinced themselves Foles sucks. This is a guy that, as an Eagle, had 46 touchdowns to 17 interceptions, averaged about 250 yards per game and completed over 60% of his passes. His huge season was anomalous, but he's a dependable starting QB in the NFL. Sam Bradford may have more talent, but two disastrous leg injuries and absolutely no awareness/confidence render that pretty arm useless. Foles is a better football played and was never the thing holding the team back.
if he was still here, he would have been coming into the season as a big ? I'm not saying the results are better with Bradford (sure as he'll wouldn't have traded a second for him) but Foles sure isn't a franchise QB right now.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
He's not going back to College. He isn't the kind of guy that runs from things either and he hated coaching in college. But keep driving that narrative.

He's not going to last long if this season keeps on going the way it has. 13-3 still?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
if he was still here, he would have been coming into the season as a big ? I'm not saying the results are better with Bradford (sure as he'll wouldn't have traded a second for him) but Foles sure isn't a franchise QB right now.

No, he isn't a franchise QB, but how does that justify trading him AND picks for a guy who also is not a franchise QB and has had massive surgeries? Bradford's older, too. If they wanted a franchise QB, they could have drafter and developed one while continuing to win football games with a decent one who at least knew the offense.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
He's not going to last long if this season keeps on going the way it has. 13-3 still?

14-2 man, Jeeze. 13-3 if they lose next week.

To say he isn't going to last long if it continues is also ridiculous. He has the keys to the franchise whether he's successful or not for the next years and once again to say otherwise is ridiculous. Lurie will not pull the plug on him.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
14-2 man, Jeeze. 13-3 if they lose next week.

To say he isn't going to last long if it continues is also ridiculous. He has the keys to the franchise whether he's successful or not for the next years and once again to say otherwise is ridiculous. Lurie will not pull the plug on him.

If they have 5 or 6 wins this year (which could happen), you dont think his ass will be hot next year?

The reason Reid was given so much time was because he never had back to back losing seasons and he won playoff games. I admire your blind devotion, but he is out of his depth as a talent evaluator.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If they have 5 or 6 wins this year (which could happen), you dont think his ass will be hot next year?

The reason Reid was given so much time was because he never had back to back losing seasons and he won playoff games.

From the media and the fans? Yes.

From Lurie? No.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
You said next year. Not after consecutive losing seasons.

I was implying that next year is also a losing season. Which it probably will be. As LOD mentioned, I have more confidence in the Phillies plan than Chip's. If they dont win next week, it's going to be fun.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I don't see how we can even improve the OL... lol.

Even if our tackles play up to par, the interior is allowing penetration which is killing us.

We have no depth and can only hope these guys get better (referring to our guards), which I have very little faith in.

Also, ever since I heard Chip Kelly thought Taylor Hart was a 3rd round talent I've been skeptical of him as a GM (talent evaluation); and it's certainly not looking good.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
these young receivers are really messing up this offense. Matthews with his drops, agholor not running proper routes, ertz being a total waste of space.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No, he isn't a franchise QB, but how does that justify trading him AND picks for a guy who also is not a franchise QB and has had massive surgeries? Bradford's older, too. If they wanted a franchise QB, they could have drafter and developed one while continuing to win football games with a decent one who at least knew the offense.

Chip dug himself into a hole by trying to balance out moves for the now &/or the future. Instead we got good money tied up (& in Bradford's case a higher draft pick) to all these guys he brought in for the now while still getting a bad result.

With no Murray, Bradford, Maxwell, Matthews, etc. the expectations for this season would be more in line with what we are expierencing now. He made a big mistake by signing the two RB's, we're spending big money on two guys who are going to be leaving their prime very soon while we get nothing really out of it. On top of this past draft being very deep at the RB position where we could have potentially walked away with a cost controlled player who we could actually benefit from their prime years as a team.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I don't disagree. I would have traded Foles and a 4th. The second was too high. Bradford might be healthy this year. On paper, Bradford is better at what we try to do.

I would have looked at Hundley with how far he fell.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

That's fundamentally impossible without absolute blind luck, or the universe aligning for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad