OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part Four

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
how old is peterson?

generally speaking, iut do agree with the Joe Banner philosophy of not giving up top assets for 30 plus players.

I don't see the eagles going anywhere with or without peterson. The defense is not good.

I'm not sure if I'd rather keep the 2nd

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
how old is peterson?

generally speaking, iut do agree with the Joe Banner philosophy of not giving up top assets for 30 plus players.

I don't see the eagles going anywhere with or without peterson. The defense is not good.

28, he'll be 29 next season.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
how old is peterson?

He’s 28. His contract expires when he is 30

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
He’s 28. His contract expires when he is 30

i guess I'd do it.

but i wouldn;t be jumping for joy like most people because I still wouldn't expect them to go anywhere, this season.

I'd make the trade more for next season,

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
i guess I'd do it.

but i wouldn;t be jumping for joy like most people because I still wouldn't expect them to go anywhere, this season.

I'd make the trade more for next season,
He improves the defense dramatically.

But that’s why I said he is the prime target player howie likes. Locked up for more than this year so it’s not a rental. That’s why trading the 2nd doesn’t kill you.

Plus the glut of picks they have makes that move easier. Now it’s honestky if they are going to trade him or not

Reactions: kelmitchell

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I normally wouldn't be that into trading a high pick for an oldish corner, but I don't really trust the Eagles to make good picks past the first round either.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Supposedly the eagles have multiple picks on the table for Peterson.

My guess would be a 2nd and a 4th and the cardinals are holding out for a 3rd instead of a 4th

Reactions: kelmitchell

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Supposedly the eagles have multiple picks on the table for Peterson.

My guess would be a 2nd and a 4th and the cardinals are holding out for a 3rd instead of a 4th
If Arizona isn’t trying to get a 1st I’d be shocked

I’d go 2nd + 5th but that’s probably as far as I would go

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Let's hope we land PP -- not for a 1st though. I'd question even a 2nd right now just because we've had so many holes that it may not be worth adding him to realistically repeat.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
well that does it imo. Howie needs to hold on to those picks
If it only costs a second round pick Id still go for Peterson since we have an extra one. We just need to hit on a pick. Last couple drafts haven’t been that good.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They’re not winning it this year at this point. The depth is thinning at this point & they’re already in a hole. They have too many holes to fill to be trading picks for a long shot gamble.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If it only costs a second round pick Id still go for Peterson since we have an extra one. We just need to hit on a pick. Last couple drafts haven’t been that good.

Peterson is not changing anything. He is a great player, but we are more than a patrick peterson away from becoming competitive.

Jenkins, graham, long, barnett, peters, agholor, sproles, are all guys that are going to need to be replaced next year. Notice how there are 3 defensive ends in that list. With Barnett out, i assume Sweat will get a chance to get some snaps. I pray that he shows something and he can be counted upon to be in the rotation for next year.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
They’re not winning it this year at this point. The depth is thinning at this point & they’re already in a hole. They have too many holes to fill to be trading picks for a long shot gamble.
The draft is a gamble.
Peterson is not changing anything. He is a great player, but we are more than a patrick peterson away from becoming competitive.

Jenkins, graham, long, barnett, peters, agholor, sproles, are all guys that are going to need to be replaced next year. Notice how there are 3 defensive ends in that list. With Barnett out, i assume Sweat will get a chance to get some snaps. I pray that he shows something and he can be counted upon to be in the rotation for next year.
Never said we aren’t more than a pat p away from being competitive. It’s one draft pick.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Eli apple going to the saints. They might be out of the Peterson sweepstakes.

I think the eagles get him. He has two years left and slots right into our lineup for that time as a starter. Also would let Mills play some safety if we need it and Darby-Peterson on the outside.
Apple sucks ass though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad