OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part Four

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Wow didn’t know it’s been that long. That’s almost my whole life :laugh:

OH right, I meant to explain something to you. This is a classic beanie:

$_35.JPG

... with that spinning thing on top. I would also accept this as a modern beanie:

160_04_3_1_3.jpg

... basically synonymous with a skullcap. This is a toque, or stocking cap:

ca2620_blk_dred__90297.1265412962.260.260.jpg

... and while I understand that people call this a "beanie" these days, that doesn't make it OK.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
To the older folks: has it always been this bad? I grew up with Akers who was money, and obviously the likes of Vanderjagt/Vinatieri etc.... was it as bad then as it is now and I was just too young to notice?

No, not really. There are a few more teams now, but not enough to explain this. We are just in a rut for kickers, just like we are in a rut for goaltenders in hockey. I don't know if there are more scholarships for college soccer, or if MLS is pulling guys away from place-kicking professionally, but I would guess it's possible.

Reactions: Jray42

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
No, not really. There are a few more teams now, but not enough to explain this. We are just in a rut for kickers, just like we are in a rut for goaltenders in hockey. I don't know if there are more scholarships for college soccer, or if MLS is pulling guys away from place-kicking professionally, but I would guess it's possible.
I honestly never thought of that, that’s a good point. I don’t mind if that’s the case, MLS needs as much young talent as it can get.

Wasn’t Lambo an MLS goalkeeper at one point?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I honestly never thought of that, that’s a good point. I don’t mind if that’s the case, MLS needs as much young talent as it can get.

Wasn’t Lambo an MLS goalkeeper at one point?

I don't know, I can't watch MLS personally. Spoiled by the good stuff, you know? It would be like Gritty huffing glue after all the quality narcotics he has inhaled.

Reactions: mmvvpp and Jray42

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Most programs usually spend a scholarship each on a punter & kicker in college at the same time. They usually load up there & long snapper with walk-on’s too.

I’d have to imagine football is a more realistic path to max out your potential here in the US over soccer.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
OH right, I meant to explain something to you. This is a classic beanie:

$_35.JPG

... with that spinning thing on top. I would also accept this as a modern beanie:

160_04_3_1_3.jpg

... basically synonymous with a skullcap. This is a toque, or stocking cap:

ca2620_blk_dred__90297.1265412962.260.260.jpg

... and while I understand that people call this a "beanie" these days, that doesn't make it OK.
I’m sorry Cap, but I see a helicopter hat and 2 beanies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Most programs usually spend a scholarship each on a punter & kicker in college at the same time. They usually load up there & long snapper with walk-on’s too.

I’d have to imagine football is a more realistic path to max out your potential here in the US over soccer.

Oh yeah, I think so too - I'm just wondering if some of the better ones are giving soccer a shot now.

Texas could have saved a slot on Dicker the Kicker, who could have gotten a scholarship for tail-chasing and walked onto the football team.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad