Proposal: Philadelphia - Colorado

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Laughton is more of a LW than a C, but he has 44 ESP in his last 81 games.
Avs maybe need a 3C. They definitely don’t need more bottom six LWs. This proposal, while very elegantly presented, does nothing to improve the Avs.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Except Calvert isn’t healthy, ever, and is likely to not return to the Avs.
He’ll probably be back within the next five days. And he’s a UFA. He’ll play out his deal. O’Conner and Kaut are more than capable replacements for when he’s hurt. Laughton does nothing for the Avs in terms of improving them. Braun even less so.

Reactions: strictlyrandy

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Elliott Friedman's podcast(taken from Flyers board):

Talked about Laughton, thinks the market is higher than it was for Goodrow last year, but Laughton loves being a Flyer and the Flyers know that and they’ve been trying to get a deal. Laughton was in around Laine trade talks.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Elliott Friedman's podcast(taken from Flyers board):

Talked about Laughton, thinks the market is higher than it was for Goodrow last year, but Laughton loves being a Flyer and the Flyers know that and they’ve been trying to get a deal. Laughton was in around Laine trade talks.
Are you saying that Winnipeg was seriously considering trading Laine for Laughton? :rolleyes:

As for the first comments, if his value is supposedly higher than a 1st, best of luck to you!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Are you saying that Winnipeg was seriously considering trading Laine for Laughton? :rolleyes:

As for the first comments, if his value is supposedly higher than a 1st, best of luck to you!
I am not saying anything. Elliott Friedman said these things today on his podcast.

Of course Laine for Laughton was not a 1-1...just that he was someone the Jets liked.

Oh...from last year:
Another player I heard a lot of teams liked: Philadelphia’s Scott Laughton.
'Chuck (Fletcher) couldn’t hang up fast enough,' another exec joked.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I am not saying anything. Elliott Friedman said these things today on his podcast.

Of course Laine for Laughton was not a 1-1...just that he was someone the Jets liked.

Oh...from last year:
Another player I heard a lot of teams liked: Philadelphia’s Scott Laughton.
'Chuck (Fletcher) couldn’t hang up fast enough,' another exec joked.​
Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying. I can see why he'd be of interest to many teams.

Reactions: Tripod

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
If we're signing Coleman I would assume that Saad isn't resigned, so there would be a spot open for Coleman in the middle 6.

Sorry, thought he played C.

Replacement for Saad would preferable. Doubt Saad would accept a significant drop in salary, but he would be an excellent choice.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
Sorry, thought he played C.

Replacement for Saad would preferable. Doubt Saad would accept a significant drop in salary, but he would be an excellent choice.
Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Burakovsky ------ Kadri ------- Donskoi
Coleman ------- Newhook ----- Kaut
Nichuskin -------- Jost --------- O'Connor
(Bowers, Kovalenko)

Then at the deadline you can explore adding a top 6 forward.

Reactions: Patagonia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad