Friedman: Phil Kessel looking for opportunity to return to NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I can see Chevy rolling the dice on him if he is willing to sign cheap…not saying I’d like it, just that I can see it happening

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
226155.jpg
Could get a gig on the Vegas strip doing Sam Kinison impersonations

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Why? Why does any team have to give him a contract and gift him a chance at 1000k points? Why do organizations need to be nice and help Kessel reach 1000 points if it doesn't help their season.

Because he's Phil freaking Kessel, that's why! Come on Sharks, you're telling me you have 11 forwards better than him?

Mckay

One does not simply... Ooo Coffee.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
I'll be frank, with his style of play, he's always been a bit of a hot dog. His shot still has a lot of mustard, and he relishes playing the game, but he's lost speed and is always playing catch-up.

He used to be on a roll, but now he’s just a bun-dle of nerves. His teammates often say he’s the wurst when it comes to defense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess he played his cards wrong last year when he tried waiting to latch on to a contender, and then still couldn't even get signed because he's not going to play in the playoffs anyways, so do you even need him at that point in the season? To say nothing of whatever shape he is in. Rick Tocchet is the coach he is closest with, so if it didn't work out to do that, it's hard to know who else would.

Otherwise, I'd have to think someone could use him and have him around as a veteran guy, but does he want to play, or does he want to play on a good team?

That said, hope he finds a place and gets a chance to go out on his own terms.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
NYI should give him a PTO. I’m sure he could get room and board on Coney Island.
That’s Brooklyn which is within the 5 boroughs of NYC (which is Rangers territory) . The Isles don’t have the cap space or enough hot dogs to offer Phil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad