Proposal: Flyers/Leafs Hart and Provorov for Marner, Engvall and Murray

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Marner is the best player but Toronto fills a need, clear cap and try their luck with Hart

I understand the logic but I don't think they do it

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Both fanbases probably believe they could do better.

From a Flyers' perspective, trading Hart is like the killing of a sacred deer - it has to be absolutely worth it.
Provorov had been untouchable for a long time but it's looking more and more like he needs a fresh start somewhere else.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
If the Flyers are trading these players they trade them in separate deals to improve the return. with that said the last thing Toronto is doing is trading for a goalie signed long term. Clearly a this is a troll post from a fan of another team not in the trade proposal.

Reactions: Patagonia

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Marner's contract is very high but he is the best player in this proposal. Hart is off to a good start but I think most will want to see more before they give him star young goalie proven status. Hart and Knight are interesting goalies. Pegged as the next Price or Vasi but not there yet. Remember the Habs dilemma of trading Halak or Price back when? Not saying Hart turns into Price but I would say Hart has his value back when. Price was full of potential at that point but inconsistency issues. Habs ended up trading Halak and Price turned into a star. Could happen with Hart but only time will tell.

Interesting offer but Leafs decline IMO. No way they trade Marner and risk Matthews walking cause he has less talent to play with up front. Imagine Marner with Torts as his coach? Disaster

We would be a bottom 10 offensive team if we trade Marner. Like we would be rough. Not gonna happen.

Leafs won't trade Marner. That's a good way to give Matthews a reason to walk as a UFA. Matthews and Marner are like Batman and Robin. We can attack them for not taking the Leafs further but they are very good together overall and it's just a very tough division and Leafs have issues with improving the team due to salary cap space. Covid really messed up things IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad