Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Travis Konecny signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $8.75M AAV)

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I like Travis Konecny, and I would rather make him the team captain rather than the player who now holds that title (who's injured again and should retire).
I hope that Danny Briere can acquire a good centre to feed TK the puck. The Flyers also need a centre for the Michkov line.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
27 year old quality players are not going to sign for 3-4 years. It just doesn't happen. Most guys play until they're in their early to mid 30's. He's basically signing a retirement contract. Why would he sign for a couple years?

Yet, every time a guy is signed, there are concerns raised about the length of the contract. It's like clockwork.

Flyers fans agree that this is just what he should sign for. Difference is that we think we aren't the team he should've signed with...we should've traded him so another team can actually use those prime years.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He plays too physically for his size for me to like this deal. That’s what it is, been trying to understand why I didn’t want Sabres trading or signing for him, and boom- that’s it.

Good issue to have, and if I’m wrong that’s good for the Flyers and hockey- also not sure how his best years align with Flyers’ timeline, but whatever.

enthuuusiast

Grossly Incandescent
May 14, 2023
Philadelphia
Good player, don't hate it. It does kinda feel like another cog in the mediocrity wheel based on current roster construction. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Much better than the $10 million being reported initially. Prices of top players are going to go through the roof as the cap finally starts to rise.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
What's the right deal? Any deal? If best offer was a late 1st? I'd rather keep TK, too. Flyers are swimming in those.

You admit to not knowing at all if he did any of those things - but still proceeded to speculate that the deal is bad because he should have done them!

I don't know...one that addresses Flyers needs movimg forwatdrd. Cente prospect etc.

Oilers landed Savoie for a bottom sixer. It take two to tango but again that's the GMs' job.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
60+ Point player making $8.75M
That’s a great deal for 8 years.

This is great for all players with contracts expiring next off season
If he had been able to ride shotgun next to the likes of Crosby, Aho, Barkov he'd be much more than just a "60+ point player".

Konecny has 129 points in 136 games the last 2 seasons. 2nd place on his team has 27 fewer points in 19 more games. 3rd place on his team has 40 fewer points in 28 more games.

Last edited:

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
It's a good deal and he's a great player I just don't like the timing for the flyers with the way the rest of the roster pans out

Reactions: Rebels57

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
To be fair, you picked out 3 guys that would all make > $13M per year if they re-did their contracts this offseason (and 1 currently does) and Konecny makes < $9M per year. Nobody is connecting him to those kinds of players.
Those are near generational talent if not hof

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
To be fair, you picked out 3 guys that would all make > $13M per year if they re-did their contracts this offseason (and 1 currently does) and Konecny makes < $9M per year. Nobody is connecting him to those kinds of players.
to be fair TK isnt a great player. That is what was said.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Rebel247

Mar 19, 2022
If the Flyers PP improves to just top 20 from dead last, TK is probably a 70+ pt player the past 2 years.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I like Travis Konecny, and I would rather make him the team captain rather than the player who now holds that title (who's injured again and should retire).
I hope that Danny Briere can acquire a good centre to feed TK the puck. The Flyers also need a centre for the Michkov line.

I agree, we need a couple of good centres as soon as we can. Ideally one of them a Tippett-aged acquisition. It's clear we're not going to tank, so let's go for it a little.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
to be fair TK isnt a great player. That is what was said.

Of all forwards who've played over 50 games, TK is 40th highest scorer in the NHL over the last two seasons and the 44th highest goal scorer. All on a historically bad PP unit too.

The definition of the word "great" changes from fan to fan on here of course, but he's definitely a mid-range top liner and goal scorer. He's not elite, but for me he is "great".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad