Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Travis Konecny signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $8.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
That’s right.
Wrong. By a mile.

I don't love it. Have felt TK is overvalued because he plays with an "edge". IMO, if you're a forward making this salary, you should be a consistent 80 point player and he is not. And I know he hasn't played a lot of playoff hockey, but in 22 playoff games, he has 1g and 7a. Abysmal when all things considered.

For the fanboys who consider TK a potential heir to Marchand's legacy or say they have a similar career arc, Marchand had 11g and 8a in his first 25 playoff games, won a Cup, roughly a point per game player and carries a cap hit of 6.125 mil.

Flyers gonna Flyer.
I think Marchand may have played with a HOF'er or two or three. May have made a bit of difference...

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
It's a bad deal when compared to Reinhart, but that's life in the big city.
if the cap keeps going up it won't be that big of a problem.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I guess they're banking on Michkov being a potential superstar soon? And that Drysdale figures it out and becomes a top line D?

Because otherwise the deal could become not worth it when they are ready to contend.

Also, I thought Konecny was a Center? If he's a Center it's fine, but if he's a winger it's kinda bad.

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
Unhappy to see that contract. Boeser is a similar player on the Canucks and we certainly could not re-sign him at that cost.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
... I know we're at the foothills of a major cap increase over the next 5 years, but this seems high.

Nothing against Konecny, but $8.75M for a small winger who has never broke 70 points seems high.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Hehh...

Konecny always made me think of Brandon Gallagher (with more offense but less defense) and that deal could end up being about as good as Gallagher's current deal IF he's hit by the injury bug. To Konecny's (and the Flyers' credit), he isn't already starting to fall apart as far as I know, while Gallagher definitely was, and he's also a bit bigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad