Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Dale Weise (4 Years, $2.35M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
No, he was deployed with Pacioretty and Desharnais, thus padding his point totals. He is a 20 point at best 4th liner with a penchant for scoring memorable goals.

So he scores when you put him with good players and that's worth holding against him?

Weise is a good third liner. 2.4M is perfectly reasonable for what he brings. Flyers fans will be happy with the signing.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Weise is not 4th liner, he hasn't played like 4th liner, he's 3rd line player.
his ATOI is that of a 4th liner
bit too long of a deal for me but I don't like any bottom 6 player getting more than a couple of years

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
So, what I'm reading is that he played fourth-line minutes with top-six players and produced at a third-line pace. Is that about right?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
10 goals / 29 points 2 years ago
14 goals / 27 points this past year

Averaged about 13 mins per game the last two years. He's a decent 3rd liner. Term is kind of long but when you consider Shaw got 6 years at 3.9 million and Helm got 4 years at 3.85 million (both with similar production) it's a really solid signing for the Flyers.

Girouxtiful

Jul 17, 2012
Fine with the money, fine with the term. Solid 3rd/4th liner with the ability to play on 1st or 2nd line in a pinch. I'm sure he'll be a favorite among fans and in the locker room. Good hard-working guy to have around the younger guys too.

Glad this is the kind of splash (small) that Hextall is making thus far. I'll take this over some of the crazy money and term contracts going around today. Flyers fans hear enough about Voracek getting 8mil per and term, I shudder to think of what it would be like to have some of the wingers that got signed today to 5-6mil and term today.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
10 goals / 29 points 2 years ago
14 goals / 27 points this past year

Averaged about 13 mins per game the last two years. He's a decent 3rd liner. Term is kind of long but when you consider Shaw got 6 years at 3.9 million and Helm got 4 years at 3.85 million (both with similar production) it's a really solid signing for the Flyers.

Exactly. It is not 4th line production. He's fine 3rd liner... In my opinion, it's not the best deal, but very solid.

I would love it for 2 or 3 years, well it's 4, but the AAV is at least okay.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
his ATOI is that of a 4th liner
bit too long of a deal for me but I don't like any bottom 6 player getting more than a couple of years

He got 12 ES minutes a game in Montreal the past two seasons. Raffl and Read got 13 minutes over that time period.

Next season I think they'll all be around the 12-13 minute mark.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
So he scores when you put him with good players and that's worth holding against him?

Weise is a good third liner. 2.4M is perfectly reasonable for what he brings. Flyers fans will be happy with the signing.

I like Ryan White but Dale is a better player and he is way better than VandeVelde. He gives a much better effort than Matt Read who for whatever reason has regressed to the point where when he hits the ice it seems to give the other team a boast. This may be Bellemare's last year with us to so this is a big upgrade to our bottom six. Plus the rangers hate him so that makes me a fan of his right off the bat.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Hated him in Vancouver but he's obviously been better since he left here.

If he puts up 30 points then it's a fine deal but 4+ year deals for depth players are... odd.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I like Ryan White but Dale is a better player and he is way better than VandeVelde. He gives a much better effort than Matt Read who for whatever reason has regressed to the point where when he hits the ice it seems to give the other team a boast. This may be Bellemare's last year with us to so this is a big upgrade to our bottom six. Plus the rangers hate him so that makes me a fan of his right off the bat.

For all of Read's problems he still had a good corsi, he just couldn't score. His shooting percentages have been down the last few seasons and I hold hopes that it will jump to 10% in the right circumstances next season.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Dale Weise has 24 goals, 32 assists for 56 points in 150 games the last two years. He got a 4 year deal with an AAV of 2.35 million.

Andrew Shaw has has 29 goals, 31 assists for 60 points in 157 games the last two years. He got a 6 year deal with an AAV of 3.9 million after Bergevin gave up picks 39 and 45 for him.

Darren Helm has has 28 goals, 31 assists for 59 points in 152 games the last two years. He got a 4 year deal with an AAV of 3.85 million and according to Dreger took a hometown discount.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Dale Weise has 24 goals, 32 assists for 56 points in 150 games the last two years. He got a 4 year deal with an AAV of 2.35 million.

Andrew Shaw has has 29 goals, 31 assists for 60 points in 157 games the last two years. He got a 6 year deal with an AAV of 3.9 million after Bergevin gave up picks 39 and 45 for him.

Darren Helm has has 28 goals, 31 assists for 59 points in 152 games the last two years. He got a 4 year deal with an AAV of 3.85 million and according to Dreger took a hometown discount.

And just to add:

Last 2 years:

Dale Weise PPG .373.....3 years 2.35
Michael Raffl PPG .396.....4 years 2.35
Andrew Shaw PPG .382....6 years 3.90

Philly got great value compared to others.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
This is a superb contract. One of the best of the day. You have a low-risk third liner who has shown the ability to play above that for short spurts, and it costs the same as some fourth liners in this league. Great deal.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I like the deal. At the same time, Hextall needs to improve the 2nd line left wing spot, especially if Schenn is going to be locked in on the first line. Contrary to what some may think, Michael Raffl is NOT a top six forward. He fits well in the bottom six, but the Flyers really needed to fine a 2nd line left wing.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
This deal adds another question mark to who's been feeding ******** to Montreal media.

After ''Subban is not on the market''...traded next day to ''We would like to have Weise back and are talking to him''...Dale confirming MTL didn't even make an offer to his agent.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I like the deal. At the same time, Hextall needs to improve the 2nd line left wing spot, especially if Schenn is going to be locked in on the first line. Contrary to what some may think, Michael Raffl is NOT a top six forward. He fits well in the bottom six, but the Flyers really needed to fine a 2nd line left wing.

Hextall gonna sneak in and sign Vesey.

:sarcasm:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Flyers bottom 6 was so bad last year it made it a major strain on the top 6 to get anything done. It's a miracle guys like Simmer and Schenn had career years and its no surprise that Giroux and Voracek saw a drop in production.

Weise (and Boyd Gordon) are EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for the Flyers.

Very affordable deals that both improve the playoff the bottom 6, thus allowing the top 6 more opportunity to thrive as well.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
His stats are inflated from playing on the pp with our best players. Good character guy, fast and a good 3rd liner.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

The majority of 1st and 2nd lines in the league have a guy on the line that "isn't a 1st or a 2nd liner" by any statistical measurement. It's just the nature of the salary cap world. In the last few years, we have seen dynamic duos like Perry-Getlzaf flanked by Maroon, or Crosby flanked by Sheary, etc.

Raffl is perfectly capable of playing on the 2nd line if the alternative is overpaying someone else. He was actually a lot better after he signed his contract extension too so I am excited to see if he can carry that over to this season. He is only one season removed from a 20+ goal campaign.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hextall gonna sneak in and sign Vesey.

:sarcasm:

I think so too.

I think Weise scores at a higher pace in philly. He will have a larger role on our team including good 2 PP time with good played and likely great young offensive dmen. I could see a 30 pt season for him and this being a very good deal. Over the years he is likely to have any number and combo of our first line players through talented rookies coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad