Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Dale Weise (4 Years, $2.35M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The 2.0 million cap hit for Weise is very well done by the Flyers. I am a little surprised with the 4 year term but I'm guessing they have him that for a lower AAV. He should really help the Flyers and fit in well with what they are doing.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One of our biggest issues last year was a terrible bottom 6. This helps and isn't an expensive or long enough contract to realistically hurt us, even if he underwhelms.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Bob Mckenzie confirmed the signing on the TSN show and speculated on term and cap hit.

Nothing since then.

Elliotte Friedman just tweeted the move as well, again no confirmation of years or cash.

And now we have the numbers (even though the tweet itself isn't showing up anymore. Sometimes I think this board hates me.) Somewhat higher than reported. 4 years, $9.4M, AAV $2.35M.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The 2.0 million cap hit for Weise is very well done by the Flyers. I am a little surprised with the 4 year term but I'm guessing they have him that for a lower AAV. He should really help the Flyers and fit in well with what they are doing.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 31s31 seconds ago
Not sure what is or isn't out there, but Weise's deal in PHI is four years, $9.4M total, which if my feeble math is right, $2.35M AAV.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Weise is not 4th liner, he hasn't played like 4th liner, he's 3rd line player.

It's either 2.35 or 2.25. I saw 2 different reports.

No, he was deployed with Pacioretty and Desharnais, thus padding his point totals. He is a 20 point at best 4th liner with a penchant for scoring memorable goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad