Post-Game Talk: PGT no one wants to make apparently...Preds 3 Habs 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Tough game, against a tough team, in a tough building, with terrible ice. What a bummer. I think we see a better effort against TB since they've got a game under their belts, but you obviously cannot expect a win.

Weise and Thompson didn't have the flashy start we'd all hope for, but they weren't worse than Chaput and Agostino. They had a couple moments with DLO but he should sit for someone faster or more skilled. I think Lehkonen is the one.

This team really needs just the slightest of upgrades to really roll four lines, in addition to the powerplay help. I really hope Bergevin flips something for that kind of help, maybe another Armia deal?

Reactions: gillyguzzler

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
hey im just the messenger.

It was reported early on that Weber made this defense SO much better.

I agree with you Subban is the better D.

As Tsn noted , Weber has 1 less goal than Subban , since the trade...
and Weber has played 68 games less...

Reactions: Habs4Life

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Cant question the effort again tonight... We were playing well enough before the second goal, after that we took more risks and turned the puck over... Nashville really played with something to prove and Rinne played another great game against us, so there is no shame losing this way... Still, the lack of skills on the top 6 really hurts us as usual, especially on the PP, Domi is not as effective as he used to as a center and while Danault deserves alot of credit for his play lately, thats still a pretty weak center line we have there... Absolutely hated Deslauriers again tonight, he isnt doing anything good, its too easy to take the puck away from that guy and his late hits have no real impact on the play... On the bright side, I really liked Thompson's game while Weise was decent...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
This is what a contender looks like...we ran into a team that has better offense, defense and goaltending (no disrespect to Price) than us

This is what happens when you play a major league team.

Outclassed by an elite team, nothing surprising here. It just shows how far we still are from contending, one day I hope.

Yeah! Completely outclassed by those Preds! It's not like the game ended 35 to 38 in term of shots and was a tie game with 12 minutes left in the game.

We got destroyed!

I hope one day we can have a chance beating teams like the Preds.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah! Completely outclassed by those Preds! It's not like the game ended 35 to 38 in term of shots and was a tie game with 12 minutes left in the game.

We got destroyed!

I hope one day we can have a chance beating teams like the Preds.

It's like people are looking for ways to attack the roster the habs have lol

See! See! I TOLD YOU SO!

okay

Reactions: gillyguzzler

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He's a hell of a lot better this season, than PK

Pk is obviously injured.

Back/neck problems for sure.

Besides this year PK has been a much better all around D than Weba. I don't think we need to discuss this any further.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Lets see how I'm doing so far:

• Winnipeg is playing very well. It's a home game though. Likely 1 point, possibly 2.
  • The Leafs are playing mediocre hockey. But they will be ready for us. Likely 1 point, possibly 2.
  • Nashville is playing mediocre hockey as well, but we will play them after a 5 day rest, so we will definitely lose. :help:
  • Tampa Bay is playing well. It's a road game. Likely 0 points, possibly 1.
It won't be easy... :popcorn:

A 5 day rest, gentlemen. Relax.

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Linus Omark had the same flash Drouin has. Didn’t make him a good player. Not trying to compare those two, But talent only gets you so far in sports. You’ve got to have the drive and JD only has it 50% of the time. You can’t teach passion for the game and he plays like he lacks it.
Always has too. It took me 30 seconds of watching him in a junior game to understand the type of player he was/ is. It’s a shame really. More concerned in how he looked in the glass half the nights haha

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Linus Omark had the same flash Drouin has. Didn’t make him a good player. Not trying to compare those two, But talent only gets you so far in sports. You’ve got to have the drive and JD only has it 50% of the time. You can’t teach passion for the game and he plays like he lacks it.
Are you sure about that? The Habs have played 57 games and you think Drouin showed up for 28 of them? He has shown up for bits and parts of some games. Like last night in the first he made an exceptional back check and then went for a seista the rest of the game. He has probably played a handful of games were he was in it from start to finish.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Are you sure about that? The Habs have played 57 games and you think Drouin showed up for 28 of them? He has shown up for bits and parts of some games. Like last night in the first he made an exceptional back check and then went for a seista the rest of the game. He has probably played a handful of games were he was in it from start to finish.
Could argue he showed up for less. I think he might have played 5 games all year where he was consistent all game. If that's the standard though, a lot of players don't show up.
That said, Drouin needs to be more consistent.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Encouraging that the 4th line, while still not used to play with each other, looked better in one game than the best moments put together our other 4 lines had all season long.......And we looked great against an incredible Rinne. Wasn't a bad game yesterday. Of course, you wish Price would have been as hot as Rinne and he wasn't. Nothing dramatic here.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yeah, he had so much more explosiveness back in the days... maybe he's still injured, but his skating and daring ain't as impressive as in the past.

He's still getting his conditioning back after not playing for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad