Value of: Pettersson vs Eichel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Eichel has been a dissapointment as a 2nd OA pick. He still has time to change it though.

The possibility of reaching or surpassing McDavid is long long gone though. Debate might have been over by 2018.

Last edited:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Eichel has been a dissapointment as a 2nd OA pick. He still has time to change it though.

The possibility of reaching or surpassing McDavid is long long gone though. Debate might have been over by 2018.

I don't think anyone ever seriously expected him to be neck-and-neck with McDavid. It was just that, in that draft year, if you lost the McDavid sweepstakes, you knew you were still getting a kid with franchise center talent. Not as good but still leaps and bounds better than, e.g., the 2nd best center prospect in Crosby's draft.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I don't think anyone ever seriously expected him to be neck-and-neck with McDavid. It was just that, in that draft year, if you lost the McDavid sweepstakes, you knew you were still getting a kid with franchise center talent. Not as good but still leaps and bounds better than, e.g., the 2nd best center prospect in Crosby's draft.
The problem is he might be like the 6th or 7th best player from that draft. Nobody expected it to be that way.

Reactions: EverTheCynic

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
2022 - 2023
Jack Eichel - 66 points in 67 games playing for a stacked Vegas playoff team
Elias Pettersson - 102 point in 80 games playing for the middle of the pack lowly Canucks

One is a Selke calibre 200 foot superstar, the other is...not

Prior to this season, this was a fairly debatable argument as to who is the better player. Safe to say, I think the question has been answered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad