Petition to bring back the original 1992 2d Senators logo?

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
My opinion, while not 3D Kiddy, still Kiddy. Looks like we are trying to be our Farm Team.

Kudos for experimenting though, that's probably how jerkstore started out!

logo concept I revamped a while back of the 2D logo by making a few changes to the original elements. Tried not to go to cartoon on it, but some outside critique would be great. I'm not happy with the face section....figured I would post it anyway.

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
picture.php
Classy looking like :hawks

======================================================

:sens Girly looking like :dooney:

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Yeah the original had a touch of class to it that the current one does not. It has that throwback feel because of the abstractness of it, which is straight from the 90's.

Would love to see them pull a Blue Jays and make it our forever logo. Or just go full-time O jerseys with old 2d as the third jersey. Anything but angrily stoic cartoon man.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I would prefer the heritage logo on the full time jerseys..... That being said, here is a logo concept I revamped a while back of the 2D logo by making a few changes to the original elements. Tried not to go to cartoon on it, but some outside critique would be great. I'm not happy with the face section....figured I would post it anyway.

Just seeing this now, Well done modern look to it, I like the meanness to it and the throwback to the old 2d logo.

smithy

May 31, 2011
New York
The "O" jerseys are close to the best in the league. We really need to make them the full-time home and away. I believe they would become some of the most iconic jerseys in the NHL if not in sports. I think that's the direction the organization is headed, fortunately.

The old 2D logo would be a great third, for old times' sake. It was a good logo, but the "O" jerseys are an improvement.

For the love of God, please get rid of the 3D centurion and don't look back.

Cashin

Sep 24, 2014
I am 100% behind this idea. We need the shoulder "S" with the roman numerals too.

340443160_tp.jpg

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
slight necro, but hockey starting again has renewed my distaste for our current unis/logo

respecting the facts that

- Jerk Store's design is easily the best jersey we have ever (and probably will ever) see the Sens wear
- team probably wants to stick with red since they've invested so much marketing in it + Crappy Tire connection etc
- old 2d logo is cool

I want to see this

MKRPDIx.png

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
slight necro, but hockey starting again has renewed my distaste for our current unis/logo

respecting the facts that

- Jerk Store's design is easily the best jersey we have ever (and probably will ever) have
- team probably wants to stick with red since they've invested so much marketing in it + Crappy Tire connection etc
- old 2d logo is cool

I want to see this

MKRPDIx.png

I still think that the black heritage is best for a home, with a red as a third.

2d throw back is my second choice though

How we still have our terrible jerseys is just unbelievable

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
No no no the 2D as the third the guy poster and red home white away.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I still think that the black heritage is best for a home, with a red as a third.

2d throw back is my second choice though

How we still have our terrible jerseys is just unbelievable

This is our 8th year with them, no?

I think our current jerseys are akin to Buffalo's slug jerseys, and their management recognized the huge marketing mistake they made pretty quickly. You'd have to think at SOME point soon we are going to change logos and go the classic route again, whether it be =O= or 2D or both (please). You're right, it's actually shocking we still wear our current jerseys.

I wouldn't go so far as to say management is blind to the fact that almost everyone hates the cartoon logo. They did go with the heritage O in recognition of the trend to retro, timeless and simplistic looks. But they really need to get a move-on with the full re-brand.

EK

Jan 30, 2014
1992 logo:handclap:
becoming the team that changes it's jerseys every year :shakehead

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
1992 logo:handclap:
becoming the team that changes it's jerseys every year :shakehead
Yes, while not quite every year, (if you include the 1991 peace tower jerseys), we are in the "Guinness Book of World records" for the team with the most different jerseys and "Team Crest changes" in our short 23 year comeback!

Not showing in this pic, is the white Heritage jersey, do the math that's a **** load of changes...

picture.php

Last edited:

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
There haven't really been that many jerseys. By that I mean actual mains, as teams change up thirds and use one-off specialty jerseys regularly these days.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Senators/SenatorsNEW.html

I count three distinct periods

1. from 1992-1999 was the golden age of ottawa senators fashion, there were minor changes with the white bar being added and number colour changed on the black jerseys but overall things were fairly consistent. towards the end of this period the terrible red "swoosh" jerseys were introduced as the team's alternate jersey, complete with silly cartoonish logo.

2. from 1999-2007 the team phased out the blacks and went with red swoosh as full-time mains along with the original whites, using two different logos which was really weird. the latter end of this period saw the black & gold alternates using the swoosh logo instead of the classic abstract one, a dark omen which signified the impending doom of the classic logo by a corrupt cartoonish force.

3. from 2007-present the team has worn an awful default reebok edge layout with a new logo that mixes in the angle of the cartoonish one with the flat white style of the original. a slight upgrade on the swoosh logo but still a subpar logo. during this time the team has used two alternates, the black "SENS" abomination as well as our Lord and Savior the heritage Os.

you could even count the middle period as half a period since they still used the original whites, only half the getup was changed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad