Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I said it when the deal happened they didn’t get enough picks back in return. I know it was for half a season but still Barlow brought back more picks and players and I’d argue Beck is a better all around player
I was also disappointed in the draft picks they received. My hope had been that the Petes could have gotten Aiden Young two or three, 2nds and two, 3rds for him.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Easily should of idk what happened must of only had Saginaw to deal with
It was my understanding that Owen Beck did not want to be traded. He wanted to remain a Pete but agreed to be traded to either Kitchener or Saginaw because he knew Peterborough wanted to rebuild. Kitchener did not have the assets to make the trade without giving up one of their 2008 born 1st rounders which I don’t think they were prepared to do. This left Saginaw as their only trading partner and the return was less than it should have been because of this.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Go look at Kitchener and see who’s driving that offence it’s Romano, Lam and Reid all 07’s. In the Soo it’s Martin and Hayes. The losing we knew would happen but these young guys gotta show some growth no way Fitzgerald should be out producing them in his first season

Look at the goal differential for Kitchener before and after picking up 19 yr olds in Chromiak and Grisolia and 18 yr old Vermuelen, cheap.
The Petes should have started insulating their ‘07s at last seasons deadline and continued this past off-season.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Look at the goal differential for Kitchener before and after picking up 19 yr olds in Chromiak and Grisolia and 18 yr old Vermuelen, cheap.
The Petes should have started insulating their ‘07s at last seasons deadline and continued this past off-season.
I agree but they’d rather play Marentette at forward and these other guys who are borderline ohl players I don’t get it

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Petes can’t be giving up much at all and he’s not even healthy yet to play must be a late pick if anything. I imagine Ryder McIntyre will be released if so

Reactions: Section5Petes

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It was my understanding that Owen Beck did not want to be traded. He wanted to remain a Pete but agreed to be traded to either Kitchener or Saginaw because he knew Peterborough wanted to rebuild. Kitchener did not have the assets to make the trade without giving up one of their 2008 born 1st rounders which I don’t think they were prepared to do. This left Saginaw as their only trading partner and the return was less than it should have been because of this.
It’s my understanding that yes, it was either Kitchener or Saginaw. Kitchener being the first choice. And no, Kitchener did not have the assets without including an 08 1st. We heard rumblings, though that a deal for Beck was scuttled because Romano refused to waive his no trade clause.

Either that actually happened, or the Rangers had no interest in moving Romano to begin with and just used the excuse that he refused to wave to take him off the table.

At the end of the day, Beck alone would not have been enough to push the Rangers past London or Saginaw in the postseason last year. This could turn out to be the best trade the Rangers never made.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If you scratch the 12–2 drubbing by Windsor on the opening weekend of the season when the Rangers were done in by the flu, and the goal differential is not as bad.

That being said, 100% the best thing that we did was acquire, on the cheap, some vets to help insulate the kids. That’s why I think should we move Andonovski and/or Swick, there’s a good chance, a cast off vet or two comes back for the same reason.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
If you scratch the 12–2 drubbing by Windsor on the opening weekend of the season when the Rangers were done in by the flu, and the goal differential is not as bad.

That being said, 100% the best thing that we did was acquire, on the cheap, some vets to help insulate the kids. That’s why I think should we move Andonovski and/or Swick, there’s a good chance, a cast off vet or two comes back for the same reason.
And the Petes lack of adding some cheap depth is really showing. There is no insulation for the young ‘07s and ‘08s and they are putting in some unfavourable situations that the Petes are preaching is good for the development but you hope it doesn’t hurt them in the long run, especially confidence wise. Thats why it’s so important that the pre existing OAs and ‘05s really push the pace and try to drive offensively a bit more. If they can’t do that (most of them haven’t been able to do it so far in their careers) then these struggles will continue. There is a part of me that does still believe that the 2nd half could be better for the young players

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Hunt reached out to NIA for if Roobroeck doesn't get returned to the Gens, but that trade wouldn't happen until NYR fully closed that door
It appears that Niagara is going another route and it looks like he might now be traded to Peterborough. It likely is in Niagara’s best interest to not trade him to a contender who they could be battling for positioning with in the standings and possibly meeting in the playoffs.

Reactions: dirty12

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
It appears that Niagara is going another route and it looks like he might now be traded to Peterborough. It likely is in Niagara’s best interest to not trade him to a contender who they could be battling for positioning with in the standings and possibly meeting in the playoffs.
They won’t be battling each other for a playoff spot Oshawa will be at worst 3rd IMO and IceDogs will likely finish 7-8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad