Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
The Petes were not in a position to trade Liam Sztuska at the trade deadline last year as Zach Bowen was out gift an extended period with an injury. In regards to a potential trade for him. London always want to underpays for overages and demand a high return for theirs. I stand by my comment as I do not want to see the Petes to do anything that helps London without a decent return. Goaltenders of Liam’s caliber in the past have been traded for at minimum a 3rd and 6th and Peterborough only wanted a 3rd they might of taken a 4th.

Let’s be honest - - what difference would it have made to the Petes last year if they’d finished the season with a Jr C goalie in net?

They were God-awful with Sztuska in net so would it really matter if they’d lost every game by five goals instead of losing ever game by three goals?

Terrible asset mismanagement.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Let’s be honest - - what difference would it have made to the Petes last year if they’d finished the season with a Jr C goalie in net?

They were God-awful with Sztuska in net so would it really matter if they’d lost every game by five goals instead of losing ever game by three goals?

Terrible asset mismanagement.
The Petes likely could have obtained a 2nd or a 3rd plus a 4th for him but that would have left them with Easton Rye as their only goaltender when Zach Bowen was out injured. They did not have enough cards to use Masen Johnston or any other goaltender they acquired as the backup. So trading him was not an option. This year there was no market for overage goaltenders this year. Missing out on 6th or
7th that London likely was offering is not a big deal.

Reactions: HabsPetes119

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
There’s just no offence with this team they’ve scored more then 2 goals twice so far this year it’s gonna take a 50 save shutout from Bowen to get a win at this point
Wonder if they end up trying to make a big splash to help them out. Sure looks like they need it

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
No anyone that thinks there’s some sort of big trade coming is gonna be disappointed. Who are they gonna trade? They aren’t in position to give up high draft picks either for players
I don’t mean trading for some star 19 or 20 year old I mean using some of their picks or a younger underachieving player like Young or Addy for a guy that can help their offence up front for the next few years

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I don’t mean trading for some star 19 or 20 year old I mean using some of their picks or a younger underachieving player like Young or Addy for a guy that can help their offence up front for the next few years
I don’t see teams lining up to acquire either of those guys who have a combined 6 goals so far they haven’t shown much at all the return for them wouldn’t be worth trading them right now

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I don't think so. This is the roster they've got and we just need to pray that at some point the players develop. I had thought going into this season that getting the 8th spot was possible. I don't think it is now. Hopefully they hit 10 wins.
I thought they would battle for the 8th spot as well but now I’m trying to find 10 possible wins on the schedule. The biggest issue so far is these 07’s haven’t done anything yet. Cameron,Taylor, Addy and Young have a combined 6 points and are -34 there needs to be a improvement over last year there’s no reason these guys shouldn’t be over 30 plus points each this season

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad