Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
You can make those deals but is it worth it to bring in a guy like for example Hilton which soo got for a 5th and take ice time away from one of your 07 guys? Probably not
That's what it comes down I think is that every move you make just bumps a younger player down the lineup. But I do agree in some ways that there could be some value in potentially finding an underperforming '06 player around the league at a low cost. I'm sure we could compile a list of those types of players but I just don't see a move like that happening either. With McCallum being our only quality '06 forward (sorry Partridge), there would be a need/desire to find another competent older player to help drive offence while also having a few years with the team possibly including an OA season.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
So was Austin Elliott put on waivers and then Barrie claimed him and traded him to London? Why would the Petes not claim him or any team ahead of Barrie and get 2 free picks. Looks like there isn’t a market for Sztuska or any OA goalies now in the OHL

Reactions: Section5Petes

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
So was Austin Elliott put on waivers and then Barrie claimed him and traded him to London? Why would the Petes not claim him or any team ahead of Barrie and get 2 free picks. Looks like there isn’t a market for Sztuska or any OA goalies now in the OHL
Isn't there a certain date teams have to be down to four overage players? I'm not sure the Petes could have claimed him without dropping one.

I also wonder what it means for Sztuska that Elliott was waived through the WHL - I'd assume that any WHL teams that might have been looking for an OA goalie would have claimed him, so there may be no home for him there either if he can't get an OHL spot/stay with the Petes.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Last year Stuska was lights out for the Petes and especially in the second half of the season after all the trades came down. This year he has been average. Let's hope that he can regain his form and at least keep this team in some games.

uDunnoNEthing

Jul 30, 2019
Last year Stuska was lights out for the Petes and especially in the second half of the season after all the trades came down. This year he has been average. Let's hope that he can regain his form and at least keep this team in some games.
GM wanted more than he was worth.

Now unless someone gets hurt, he has almost no value.

Should have traded him last year when his value was higher.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Interested to see what the Petes will do now. London seemed like the obvious landing spot for Sztuska. Could very well just be staring at an eventual release

Reactions: User13452

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Interested to see what the Petes will do now. London seemed like the obvious landing spot for Sztuska. Could very well just be staring at an eventual release
When is Rye back? They gotta make a decision is Bowen the guy this year and next or if he’s not do they just keep Sztuska this year and let McIntyre go and roll with Sztuska/Rye and Johnston. Bowen has played 65 games now including playoff games so I think he is what he is at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad