Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The silence around Sztuska is deafening, he's scratched again, there's no obvious teams with an OA spot. At this point I won't be shocked if he ends up in the Q or Dub.
this is another reason why I’m pissed the fronts traded for Lalonde. No offence to him but there has ALWAYS been WAY better goalie than him. They only got him because he is from kingston and went to the mem cup. Sztuska is a way better goalie.

London should look to upgrade from willmore. It’s like talking to a brick wall with some of them but the reality is willmore on any other team is average or below average- Sztuska had way better stats on one of the worst teams in the league- put him on a team like London and his stats go way up especially the GAA

Reactions: Section5Petes

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
London has 4 OAs already so that doesn’t seem like it would work but if so hopefully Pete’s get player back,05 would b nice or 06

Still not sure why they don’t play stustka till traded tho
London at some point will drop Leonard he’s not playing ahead of at least 4-5 guys on that d core. If they don’t upgrade on Willmore now then I suspect they will before the deadline

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
no inside info but I could see Sarnia. London doesn’t make trades like this after two games. There not knee jerk
Honestly thought about it being Sarnia myself just not sure they'd be willing to do it unless its pretty dang cheap. They also really love Surzcyia as a teammate, mentor, but clearly Sztuska is a significant upgrade over him. Willmore has also been pretty bad all pre season & now to open the season. Wouldn't be surprised if they are poking around.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Honestly thought about it being Sarnia myself just not sure they'd be willing to do it unless its pretty dang cheap. They also really love Surzcyia as a teammate, mentor, but clearly Sztuska is a significant upgrade over him. Willmore has also been pretty bad all pre season & now to open the season. Wouldn't be surprised if they are poking around.
have a feeling that’s the location. I don’t think surzcyisa is an OA. I thought he was very average last year tbh

but your right, Sarnia doesn’t seem to develop goalies, them and Sudbury struggle hard

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
have a feeling that’s the location. I don’t think surzcyisa is an OA. I thought he was very average last year tbh

but your right, Sarnia doesn’t seem to develop goalies, them and Sudbury struggle hard
yah im not saying Surzcyia is any good. He's meh. I just know Seca & Letang really like what he brings behind the scenes, at practice etc. But they also wanna take a step this yr (they will just because the conference looks bad) & he'd certainly help.

Id hope it doesn't cost much. Would hate spending a decent pick in a nothing year for an OA G upgrade.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
If the Petes get offered a 5th for Sztuska they should take it and run I doubt they’ll get much more than that. Sarnia does have two 5ths for the next draft the Petes currently don’t own a 5th

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Caden Taylor is just wreckless and careless out there and by the looks of it the bench staff was pissed about it too.
Pete's D coach was absolutely losing his mind last night.
I was infuriated watching Taylor tonight I can only imagine what Pete’s fans think…
He was benched for at least 10minutes in the third after that turnover and was let back out for about the last 20 seconds of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillardJFredricks

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Caden Taylor is just wreckless and careless out there and by the looks of it the bench staff was too.
Rob Wilson has 154 wins and 183 losses in the regular season as Petes head coach (154-157-18-8 if you want OT/shootout losses). In the playoffs, he's 17-15, obviously with those 16 wins coming in 2023.

You can't take the 2023 run away from him but even when he's had very good teams (19-20 and 22-23), they've mostly underachieved. The whole story of 2023 until they went on the run was how could a team that loaded not be winning every night. We won't know what could have happened in the 2020 playoffs, that team looked like it might start rolling like the 2023 team did once the playoffs started.

How a coach with a .457 regular season win percentage gets an 8 year deal is still beyond me though.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Rob Wilson has 154 wins and 183 losses in the regular season as Petes head coach (154-157-18-8 if you want OT/shootout losses). In the playoffs, he's 17-15, obviously with those 16 wins coming in 2023.

You can't take the 2023 run away from him but even when he's had very good teams (19-20 and 22-23), they've mostly underachieved. The whole story of 2023 until they went on the run was how could a team that loaded not be winning every night. We won't know what could have happened in the 2020 playoffs, that team looked like it might start rolling like the 2023 team did once the playoffs started.

How a coach with a .457 regular season win percentage gets an 8 year deal is still beyond me though.
great question, but I’ve been told by a poster with numbers in it he’s the second best coach in Pete’s history and I can’t question that

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

My words were a bit difficult to comprehend so i fixed my post and it didn't make much sense haha.
Not enough coffee after that drive home last night....
I meant the bench staff was infuriated at Taylor last night. -not that they were careless and wreckless.
That game last night was some of the worst hockey i have seen in years watching the OHL.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
great question, but I’ve been told by a poster with numbers in it he’s the second best coach in Pete’s history and I can’t question that
I am very much in the minority in my thoughts on Wilson (which have never changed). Most people around here think he's the greatest thing ever.

I think the "old school mentality" plays well in a city like Peterborough and I feel like he gets extra credit for the 2023 "playing up" in the playoffs but a team with Beck, Othmann, Robertson, Avon, Hayes, Lockhart, Stillman, McCoy, Mayer, Zanetti, White, Smith, Simpson etc.. should have been at that level all along.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Off topic -but does anyone know where Lorraine Wager is this year ?
2 games in and she is still MIA

Attachments

• IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad