Confirmed with Link: Peter Laviolette, fired |Craig Berube new head coach (two-year contract, per Tim P.)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Snider is largely in charge of who the GM is and aside from that he tends to get involved in GM operations from time to time.

So if we haven't won a Cup in 40 years (which we haven't) it has at least somewhat to do with him.

I won't say we won't win a cup as long as he's still here because well I'm not a fortune teller but I would have to imagine things would be better & more stable without him here.

I appreciate all he's done for the team in the past but he's way past his prime. A guy who just gives the team money & not his two cents would be a welcoming thing to me which I would assume would happen when Ed kicks the bucket.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I thought they didn't give it to Kimmo because they thought he was going to retire after last season?

I don't think that every came out. Everyone pretty much knew after Pronger went down and they didn't name anyone, G had the huge series against Pit that he was gonna be the next C. I don't think Kimmo was every really an option.

Even so, they've had short term captains in the past. Smith, Hatch, Desjardins, Forsberg off the top of my head have all been short term (like a yr) captains in the past 20yrs. I'm not counting Pronger cause he was forced out by injury. Others just chose to retire of were moved etc.

Edit: Less then 20 yrs actually. Desjardins was captain in 2000-2001 which was the earliest captain I mentioned.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Yes ...and I can't wait to hear your holier than thou BS when Holmgren steps down or is let go. All you blind apologists continue to be exposed just like senile Snider.

Everybody is commenting how arrogant and nasty Snider was today. He sounded and looked like a complete lunatic who hates being questioned because his bank account and glory days when he was wearing leisure suits should stand the test of time and stand on its own merit. Well it hasn't....it has been almost 4 decades since this team has won a cup and what we have witnessed in the last couple of years is only a microcosm of what's wrong with the culture of this management yet it has been very revealing. The GM and the senile owner have shown nothing but rash impatience .....nothing has been done in a measured approach..everything has been reactive. You act as though all this drama that has been going in is something normal? Well it isn't..get a freakin clue.
there is no drama, except from the fans and the media.

and...its a hell of a lot easier to airmchair qb on the side of failure in this business...

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I guess it depends on who you ask. Like some teams fans are ecstatic that their team makes playoffs since they missed out for a few years. I'm guessing while you would be happy they win the cup you are ok with finals appearances.

For me though, at this point, I do wish they win the cup. Good hockey is good but just that feeling of "winning it all" would be nice.
I want them to win too, it sucks that they don't. objectively, what more can they do...

people have been whining about our poor farm and trading all the picks (no patience).well in the last 2 off seasons we have made our picks, or traded for picks to use.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
there is no drama, except from the fans and the media.

and...its a hell of a lot easier to airmchair qb on the side of failure in this business...

Right...because the media and the fans are the reason for everything. It was the reason for Lavi not adapting and Bryz being a head case.

It's also a hell of a lot easier to criticize those who actually formulate an opinion/insight even if it bears itself out ...as opposed to somebody who doesn't put themselves out there at all but just engages in quaint sayings...

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Right...because the media and the fans are the reason for everything. It was the reason for Lavi not adapting and Bryz being a head case.

It's also a hell of a lot easier to criticize those who actually formulate an opinion/insight even if it bears itself out ...as opposed to somebody who doesn't put themselves out there at all but just engages in quaint sayings...
lol, I (and Im assuming you too) am not in the room. I have no idea what they are doing in reality. I'm not getting overly worked up about any micro moves that are made...because realistically nobody is a lock to do anything any better or different. there is NO formula to guarantee a cup. NONE. Come up with one...and you can retire rich dude.

everything around here is 80% speculation and assumption.

do I agree with every move made...nope. personally, I think there are more positives than negatives with the way this org is run.

and lavi not adjusting is all on him. he did this after winning a cup in car, and in NYI. he's a shot in the arm 3 year type of coach.

Last edited:

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
lol, I (and Im assuming you too) am not in the room. I have no idea what they are doing in reality. I'm not getting overly worked up about any micro moves that are made...because realistically nobody is a lock to do anything any better or different. there is NO formula to guarantee a cup. NONE. Come up with one...and you can retire dude.

everything around here is 80% speculation and assumption.

do I agree with every move made...nope. personally, I think there are more positives than negatives.

As I've said in the past comment is free...just like Meltzer speculates and provides analysis... fans are allowed to do the same and it doesn't matter whether they are in the room or not ..all human beings have the capacity to think some more critically than others. If you want to just take the position that those in the actual positions to make the decisions know best and should not be questioned as others on here seem to endorse..go for it. But don't criticize those that are willing to provide an insight that might actually be proven true which many of this board have done. Nobody is a total omniscient except God but don't tell those who want to comment and analyze things to be completely accepting automatons either. You don't like it don't read it...

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
As I've said in the past comment is free...just like Meltzer speculates and provides analysis... fans are allowed to do the same and it doesn't matter whether they are in the room or not ..all human beings have the capacity to think some more critically than others. If you want to just take the position that those in the actual positions to make the decisions know best and should not be questioned as others on here seem to endorse..go for it. But don't criticize those that are willing to provide an insight that might actually be proven true which many of this board have done. Nobody is a total omniscient except God but don't tell those who want to comment and analyze things to be completely accepting automatons either. You don't like it don't read it...
I'm paraphrasing here...but I don't see how you (and others with a similar mindset) can say "there is no plan" when you truly have no idea what they are actually doing.

the org eats a lot of crud...on PURE opinion and speculation.

I have no problem with disagreeing with moves...but say they fire homer...and we don't win in five years...and then who is the next scapegoat.

its really just not that black and white.

Last edited:

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
I'm paraphrasing here...but I don't see how you (and others with a similar mindset) can say "there is no plan" when you truly have no idea what they are actually doing.

the org eats a lot of crud...on PURE opinion and speculation.

I have no problem with disagreeing with moves...but they for homer...and we don't win in five years...and then who is the scapegoat.

its really just not that black and white.

No it kind of is of late at least...when you are constantly being reactive and all over the board it is kind of hard not to reason that they don't really have much continuity to their decisions. There has been too much instability to claim that they have some kind of rational plan. Typically if you have a pretty good plan you don't see the big turnover we are seeing....

Anyway, I don't feel like arguing and getting into some kind of flaming war.You have your prism you see things from ..I have mine.

Last edited:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The arrogance of some people around here is astounding. All I can say is what I said after the Richards and Carter trades. If you don't like the organization's approach, then go root for another team. There's really nothing stopping you.

Embiid

May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
The arrogance of some people around here is astounding. All I can say is what I said after the Richards and Carter trades. If you don't like the organization's approach, then go root for another team. There's really nothing stopping you.

Let me guess you are the guy that tells people to leave the country if they dont like it...

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
Should have been done last season. I really think Holmgren is clutching at straws right now and will follow Lavy out the door shortly.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

I did that with the Eagles, well I didn't root for another team, I stopped watching football. I got tired of them annoying me, and just stopped following them. I'm getting back into them now because I want to see what Kelly can do, and I'll be totally on board when Vick is gone.

Honestly if your sports team's management is pissing you off that much, sometimes it's good to take a break. Even if my team sucks I can still enjoy the games, it's the lack of direction, or bad direction of management that gets me. And when that happens I just take a step back, and spend my time focusing on something else.

Sports are fun. If you're not having fun, then you need to stop watching for a little bit.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007

What approach are the Flyers taking? They have no direction. They go youth with the Carter/Richards trades (which turned out great), then they go vets with the Lecavalier/Streit signings which slows the developement of the youth they got.

I love Kimmo Timonen, but the team should have tried to trade Kimmo last year and got something in return for him. That way they could have opened up a spot on the blueline for a guy like Gus (and this is coming from a Gus hater). They want youth on one hand, but then they sign Streit instead of giving Gus a chance.

I don't get it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They want to trade Meszaros and play Gus in the 6th spot, but no one is willing to take a gamble on him yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad