Speculation: Pesce could get 7AAV?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think they need to see what they can get for Manson, sign Brett and bring back Trenin.
I think their better play is to keep Manson for his next 2 years at 4.5,sign a guy like dillion and see what they have in Behrens and hope that Gulyayev comes over in 2 years.

Sure they might resign Trenin but not if he is expecting a raise from $1.7 million.

I think Pesce is a longshot for the Avs and frankly not worth it.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I think their better play is to keep Manson for his next 2 years at 4.5,sign a guy like dillion and see what they have in Behrens and hope that Gulyayev comes over in 2 years.

Sure they might resign Trenin but not if he is expecting a raise from $1.7 million.

I think Pesce is a longshot for the Avs and frankly not worth it.
Manson plays a very physical game and he's no spring chicken anymore. He'll be 33 when the season starts. He also misses A LOT of time even if he was relatively healthy last year.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Get used to it everyone cause 6 million will quickly become the minimum for a top 4 d man in the league soon...

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Pesce seems destined to be a Sabre. If they can land him, I think he elevates them to a playoff spot.

Power-Dahlin
Byram-Pesce

That is a dynamite top 4, with 3 guys who can still take their game to a higher level.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
The number makes sense with the cap going up this season, and the cap projected to continue to rise a few million a year. If he was a free agent last year under the flat cap, he's probably getting 5.5-6.5 million depending on the market. 7M under an 88M cap isn't surprising. It wouldn't surprise me if he hits 8M or something wacky like that. There aren't many RHD available who can play top pairing minutes and this is the open market.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Orlov getting 7.75M after a 36P season definitely set this up. Top 4 defenders will make 6M minimum moving forward probably.
Orlov didn’t change anything, everyone knows he gave up term for high AAV. That may set the price for similar deals featuring short term and high AAV but wouldn’t effect long term deals. The increase that’ll happen this off season is the resumption of the summer that featured Hamilton/Jones/Nurse. Prices hadn’t gone up in awhile and that summer was when inflation hit, which was leading to an increase across the board. Covid then kicked in which delayed that and everything stayed level making those three deals seem out of whack. Now that we’re out of the Covid impact the new norm that had started is likely to resume itself.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Cap space going up does not me you spend more.

Like other sports thr better players get the money. You se a shift of the ELCs ending as nf the 5-7 yr $4M will go up.
The star players go up.
Players like him and Montour should not. They should be 4 or so yr contracts around 5.5M
The mid level players move to teams with cap space to get their money. Teams pay their top 5 or 6 guys and afford 1 or 2 mid level guys and fill out the roster with cheaper options. Reality of the business right now.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Bond

May 10, 2012
I keep reading this as 7th overall and get irrationally angry each time

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The mid level players move to teams with cap space to get their money. Teams pay their top 5 or 6 guys and afford 1 or 2 mid level guys and fill out the roster with cheaper options. Reality of the business right now.
They go for short contracts. Not 5+

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I think 7x4 would be a great deal for Pesce and whoever gives him that. Any shorter and it favors the team and any longer and it favors Pesce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad