Personal Draft Boards - 2024 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Putting this together for fun, didn't have much of a chance to watch hockey this last year. Still moving some of these names around, but the draft is about 2 weeks away so thought it would be good to start seeing some different lists.

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Demidov
4. Buium
5. Dickinson
6. Lindstrom
7. Catton
8. Parekh
9. Iginla
10. Helenius
11. Silayev
12. Yakemchuk
13. Eiserman
14. Senecke
15. Connelly
16. Hage
17. Jiricek
18. Bransegg-Nygard
19. Chernyshov
20. Freij
21. Greentree
22. Ritchie
23. Luchanko
24. Artamonov
25. Mews
26. Boisvert
27. Parascak
28. Basha
29. Hutson
30. Hemming
31. Solberg
32. Surin

HM's: Vanacker, Gridin, Beaudoin, Miettinen, Pulkkinen, Emery, Elick, Howe, Petterson, Fischer, Sahlin Wallenius

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Putting this together for fun, didn't have much of a chance to watch hockey this last year. Still moving some of these names around, but the draft is about 2 weeks away so thought it would be good to start seeing some different lists.

1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Demidov
4. Buium
5. Dickinson
6. Lindstrom
7. Catton
8. Parekh
9. Iginla
10. Helenius
11. Silayev
12. Yakemchuk
13. Eiserman
14. Senecke
15. Connelly
16. Hage
17. Jiricek
18. Bransegg-Nygard
19. Chernyshov
20. Freij
21. Greentree
22. Ritchie
23. Luchanko
24. Artamonov
25. Mews
26. Boisvert
27. Parascak
28. Basha
29. Hutson
30. Hemming
31. Solberg
32. Surin

HM's: Vanacker, Gridin, Beaudoin, Miettinen, Pulkkinen, Emery, Elick, Howe, Petterson, Fischer, Sahlin Wallenius
I like your top 14. At 15 I'd take probably Hage and maybe MBN. For rest, I don't care

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Since the draft order is pretty much set, this is a good time to reveal the famous Santos List. This is a mock draft, not a ranking list. Ranking list's often leaves out team needs and draft strategies(if a team has a notable strategy), i tried to find the unholy marriage of all 3 and here it is, enjoy:

1. SJS: Macklin Celebrini
- No-Brainer.
2. CHI: Artyom Levshunov
- Hawks are short of top pair RHD prospects or top pair D in general, so they take the best one available. Can't go wrong with this one, minute munching RHD.
3. ANA: Sam Dickinson
- Forward core in Anaheim is starting to look good but defense needs more talent. There is something Seider-esq in Dickinson, therefore Verbeek picks him.
4. CBJ: Cayden Lindstrom
- Columbus adds size to the forward core.
5. MTL: Berkly Catton
- Habs add much needed secondary scoring.
6. UTAH: Anton Silayev
- Utah Wildcats continue getting bigger... and russian. This is going to be tough team to play against.
7. OTT: Carter Yakemchuk
- Sens are short of RHD prospects and Yakemchuk fits in their identity very well. And since he is one oldest players in this class, Sens can expect him to be in the lineup soon.
8. SEA: Zeev Buium
- Krakens D prospect pool is basically empty and the teams D core is aging as well. They take best d-man available.
9. CGY: Tij Iginla
- Ownership wants butts to the seats and jerseys to sell and top of that they get a good hockey player.
10. NJD: Ivan Demidov
- The russian factor drops Demidov but New Jersey can afford to wait Demidov for a longer period than the others.
11. SJS: Zayne Parekh
- Sharks D prospect pool is empty so they take the best d-man available.
12. PHI: Cole Eiserman
- BPA, Philly fills the void left by Gauthier with another USDP product.
13. MIN: Beckett Sennecke
- Minny adds more size and grit.
14. BUF: Konsta Helenius
- Buffalo repeats what they been past few years, hunting for highest upside.
15. DET: Michael Brandsegg-Nygård
- Fits in Detroit's draft strategy like a fist in an eye.
16. STL: Michael Hage
- BPA
17. WSH: Adam Jiricek
- BPA
18. CHI: Trevor Connelly
- BPA, a troubled kid and a troubled NHL org. It should be a match made in heaven.
19. VGK: Liam Greentree
- Vegas hopes to find the next Mark Stone.
20. NYI: Stian Solberg
- Physical and mobile PMD, i can see il padrino Lamoriello being very interested.
21. LAK: Igor Chernyshov
- Fits in the team identity.
22. NSH: Charlie Elick
- On paper Elick is prototypical Preds pick.
23. TOR: Henry Mews
- Leafs have to start fixing that horrible back end, they haven't picked a d-man in first two rounds in 6 years.
24. COL: Sacha Boisvert
- BPA
25. BOS: Jett Luchenko
- Bruins picks best center available.
26. MTL: Dean Letourneau
- Habs add size.
27. CAR: Cole Beaudoin
- Canes select size and grit.
28. CGY: Ryder Ritchie
- BPA and another local boy to Calgary, maybe Ritchie and Iginla stays there longer period than Tkachuk & Gaudreau.
29. DAL: Terik Parascak
- BPA
30. NYR: Lucas Pettersson
- There is some Aho-esq in him and Rangers are hoping for a steal here.
31. ANA: EJ Emery
- Ducks continue to bolster up their defense.
32. PHI: Yegor Surin
- Michkov-era is beginning in Philly and Briere makes sure that Michkov has enough buddies and picks a whole new type of bully to the Broad Street.

Last edited:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Since the draft order is pretty much set, this is a good time to reveal the famous Santos List. This is a mock draft, not a ranking list. Ranking list's often leaves out team needs and draft strategies(if a team has a notable strategy), i tried to find the unholy marriage of all 3 three and here it is, enjoy:

- No-Brainer.
- Hawks are short of top pair RHD prospects or top pair D in general, so they take the best one available. Can't go wrong with this one, minute munching RHD.
- Forward core in Anaheim is starting to look good but defense needs more talent. There is something Seider-esq in Dickinson, therefore Verbeek picks him.
- Utah Wildcats continue getting bigger... and russian. This is going to be tough team to play against.
- Sens are short of RHD prospects and Yakemchuk fits in their identity very well. And since he is one oldest players in this class, Sens can expect him to be in the lineup soon.
- Krakens D prospect pool is basically empty and the teams D core is aging as well. They take best d-man available.
- Ownership wants butts to the seat and jerseys to sell and top of that they get a good hockey player.
- The russian factor drops Demidov but New Jersey can afford to wait Demidov for a longer period than the others.
11. BUF: Zayne Parekh
- Desperate times require desperate measures, Sabres manages to fill an organizational need.
14. SJS: Adam Jiricek
16. STL: Konsta Helenius
- BPA
17. WSH: Michael Hage
- Caps pick much needed center prospect.
- BPA, a troubled kid and a troubled NHL org. It should be a match made in heaven.
- Physical and mobile PMD, i can see il padrino Lamoriello being very interested.
- Leafs have to start fixing that horrible back end, they haven't picked a d-man in first two rounds in 6 years.
- BPA
25. OTT: Cole Beaudoin
- Sens pick a "local boy" who fits in their identity.
- Habs add size.
27. CAR: Ryder Ritchie
- BPA
28. CGY: Terik Parascak
- BPA
29. DAL: Jett Luchancoaa
- BPA
- Michkov-era is beginning in Philly and Briere makes sure that Michkov has enough buddies and picks a whole new type of bully to the Broad Street.
Why is Demidov has Russian factor and Levsbunov and Silayev don't. Demidov could be the best forward in this draft vs Silayev who has 0 offense. Also Helenius at 16?

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I have no idea about prospects, i don't watch the games and any highlight videos. I follow the rankings, but i don't pay for any guides beyond my Athletic subscription, which was done for other reasons - baiscally because i don't believe that public scouting approach trying to rank everybody and their grandmother is a correct one and because i think the public directors of amateur scouting are stuck in the past in terms of assesment of prospect. But decided to do an exercise this year i always wanted to try - make sense out of Pronman's assessment of prospect skills and build a list based on objective criteria for Pronman's perception of skills. Usually those are not really corresponding with the rankings. I defined a cetrain function (actually two - different for F and D) based on my priorities - mostly hockey IQ and skating for forwards and hockey IQ and compete for defensemen. I also applied some downgrades based on size, but only for F under 5'8 and D under 5'11, and didn't consider size otherwise as a bonus. Here is the list I come up with, there are some intersting names that are not usually seen quite high.

1​
Celebrini
2​
Catton
3​
Buium
4​
Levshunov
5​
Silayev
6​
Parekh
7​
Demidov
8​
Iginla
9​
Helenius
10​
Luchanko
11​
Wallenius
12​
Solberg
13​
Muggli
14​
Danford
15​
Brandsegg-Nygard
16​
Sennecke
17​
Eiserman
18​
Yakemchuk
19​
Elick
20​
Artamonov
21​
Kiviharju
22​
Lindstrom
23​
Mews
24​
Chernyshov
25​
Eriksson
26​
Emery
27​
Hutson
28​
Zetterberg
29​
Gridin
30​
Hage
31​
Beaudoin
32​
Marelli

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have no idea about prospects, i don't watch the games and any highlight videos. I follow the rankings, but i don't pay for any guides beyond my Athletic subscription, which was done for other reasons - baiscally because i don't believe that public scouting approach trying to rank everybody and their grandmother is a correct one and because i think the public directors of amateur scouting are stuck in the past in terms of assesment of prospect. But decided to do an exercise this year i always wanted to try - make sense out of Pronman's assessment of prospect skills and build a list based on objective criteria for Pronman's perception of skills. Usually those are not really corresponding with the rankings. I defined a cetrain function (actually two - different for F and D) based on my priorities - mostly hockey IQ and skating for forwards and hockey IQ and compete for defensemen. I also applied some downgrades based on size, but only for F under 5'8 and D under 5'11, and didn't consider size otherwise as a bonus. Here is the list I come up with, there are some intersting names that are not usually seen quite high.

1​
Celebrini
2​
Catton
3​
Buium
4​
Levshunov
5​
Silayev
6​
Parekh
7​
Demidov
8​
Iginla
9​
Helenius
10​
Luchanko
11​
Wallenius
12​
Solberg
13​
Muggli
14​
Danford
15​
Brandsegg-Nygard
16​
Sennecke
17​
Eiserman
18​
Yakemchuk
19​
Elick
20​
Artamonov
21​
Kiviharju
22​
Lindstrom
23​
Mews
24​
Chernyshov
25​
Eriksson
26​
Emery
27​
Hutson
28​
Zetterberg
29​
Gridin
30​
Hage
31​
Beaudoin
32​
Marelli
Interesting approach, I wonder how that would play out over time.

Reactions: lilidk

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for making this i was thinking about doing the same.

So far will update as i do more research.

1-Celebrini
2-Demidov
3-Buium
4-Eiserman
5-Levshunov
6-Catton
7-Dickinson
8-Lindstrom
9-Iginla
10-Senneke
11-Parekh
12-Silayev
13-MBN
14-Hage
15-Helinus
16-Yakemchuk
17-Kiviharu
18-Jiricek
19-Connelly
20-Greentree

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Why is Demidov has Russian factor and Levsbunov and Silayev don't. Demidov could be the best forward in this draft vs Silayev who has 0 offense. Also Helenius at 16?
Levshunov has played in North America for 2 years now and he is belarussian. I don't see him having any factors.

Arizona picked 2 huge russians last summer and Armstrong has already said that they looking for size, and that they want to be hard team to play against. Demidov doesn't fit that bill and even Michkov dropped, he had that "best forward"-potential too. Michkov got to play 1 U18 WJC and 1 Hlinka-Gretzky, where Demidov has only played against other russian kids. Rebuilding teams would want something more concrete than youtube-videos. That's why Demidov drops.

Helenius is a middle-6 center/winger in NHL, he's gonna end up being somewhere between Kasperi Kapanen and Erik Haula.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I'm only going to look at guys potentially available for the Red Wings rather than making a full ranking, and I'll get into more detail when we get closer to the draft (holy crap I didn't realize it was so close)...

But right now I've seen a bunch of guys I don't like too much and then I must have to have Iginla or Sennecke. If one falls to 10 or so find a way to trade up

SimonSays27

Jun 14, 2024
My board

SJ-Celebrini
CHI-Levshunov
ANA-Lindstrom-given a clear health check,
CBJ-Demidov, could also put Lindstrom here given the reports of their interest from the combine
MTL-Catton
UTAH MOD-Parekh
SEA-Buium
Calgary- Iginla because of course
NJD- Dickinson
Buffalo-Eiserman
PHI- Sillayev
Min-Sennecke
San Jose-Helenius
Detroit-MBN
Caps-Yakemchuck
St Louis- Greentree
NYI- Chernyshov
LAK-Jiricek
CHI-Connelly, used to PR nightmares
VGK-Hage
Trashville- kiviharju
Toronto- Elick
Ana- Hemming
COL-Ryder Ritchie
MTL- Jet Luchenko
OTT- Boisvert
CGY- Parascak
PHI-Artamanov
Carolina- Basha
Dallas- Pettersson
Rangers-Solberg
Anaheim- Beaudoin
PHI- Freij

Last edited by a moderator:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Levshunov has played in North America for 2 years now and he is belarussian. I don't see him having any factors.

Arizona picked 2 huge russians last summer and Armstrong has already said that they looking for size, and that they want to be hard team to play against. Demidov doesn't fit that bill and even Michkov dropped, he had that "best forward"-potential too. Michkov got to play 1 U18 WJC and 1 Hlinka-Gretzky, where Demidov has only played against other russian kids. Rebuilding teams would want something more concrete than youtube-videos. That's why Demidov drops.

Helenius is a middle-6 center/winger in NHL, he's gonna end up being somewhere between Kasperi Kapanen and Erik Haula.
There was something about Michkov personality that dropped him, Demidov is different and even Buchelnikov was saying something about it. Size is important , but not everything. Yzerman been drafting big boys with exception of Raymond. Between bigger Holtz and Raymond he chooses much more talented and line driving forward.
About Russian factor . Why is Svechnikov in KHL? He could be excellent mentor to kids in GR or 4 liner in NHL , but he chose not too. There is always risk with Russians or even their neighboring countries to go back home and not stick to N A

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Lindstrom
5. Dickinson
6. Buium
7. Iginla
8. Catton
9. Helenius
10. MBN
11. Hage
12. Yakemchuk
13. Parekh
14. Greentree
15. Senecke
16. Luchanko
17. Solberg
18. Eiserman
19. Chernyshov
20. Silayev
21. Eriksson
22. Ritchie
23. Connolly
24. Artamonov
25. Masse
26. Boisvert
27. Freij
28. Basha
29. Hutson
30. Miettinen
31. Jiricek
32. Stiga

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
My board

SJ-Celebrini
CHI-Levshunov
ANA-Lindstrom-given a clear health check,
CBJ-Demidov, could also put Lindstrom here given the reports of their interest from the combine
MTL-Catton
UTAH MOD-Parekh
SEA-Buium
Calgary- Iginla because of course
NJD- Dickinson
Buffalo-Eiserman
PHI- Sillayev
Min-Sennecke
San Jose-Helenius
Detroit-MBN
Caps-Yakemchuck
St Louis- Greentree
NYI- Chernyshov
LAK-Jiricek
CHI-Connelly, used to PR nightmares
VGK-Hage
Trashville- kiviharju
Toronto- Elick
Ana- Hemming
COL-Ryder Ritchie
MTL- Jet Luchenko
OTT- Boisvert
CGY- Parascak
PHI-Artamanov
Carolina- Basha
Dallas- Pettersson
Rangers-Solberg
Anaheim- Beaudoin
PHI- Freij
Welcome to the forum!
Nice list. You had me at Catton top 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SimonSays27

Christien

May 1, 2010
Since the draft order is pretty much set, this is a good time to reveal the famous Santos List. This is a mock draft, not a ranking list. Ranking list's often leaves out team needs and draft strategies(if a team has a notable strategy), i tried to find the unholy marriage of all 3 and here it is, enjoy:

- No-Brainer.
- Ownership wants butts to the seats and jerseys to sell and top of that they get a good hockey player.
- Desperate times require desperate measures, Sabres manages to fill an organizational need.
- BPA
- BPA
- Habs add size.
- BPA
- BPA
29. DAL: Jett Luchanco
- BPA
Do you really think a team like Chicago, who is in damage-control mode, would take Connelly?

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
There was something about Michkov personality that dropped him, Demidov is different and even Buchelnikov was saying something about it. Size is important , but not everything. Yzerman been drafting big boys with exception of Raymond. Between bigger Holtz and Raymond he chooses much more talented and line driving forward.
About Russian factor . Why is Svechnikov in KHL? He could be excellent mentor to kids in GR or 4 liner in NHL , but he chose not too. There is always risk with Russians or even their neighboring countries to go back home and not stick to N A
Demidov still haven't played against his best age peers, he could be next Kucherov or next Mozyakin/Shipachyov. I think there is too much unvertainty and that will drop him, and there are teams who are after d-men and teams with certain draft strategy.

Raymond was by far a better player than Holtz back then. Now it's not really set in stone that Demidov is much better player than Catton for example.

Svechnikov gets paid better in Russia than in AHL, he's would not to get a one-way deal. Skating is just too bad and he is injury prone. When NHL door gets shut on europeans, they ain't going to stay in AHL. Pay is better in Europe and travelling is easier and if they play in their home country they most likely gets to live at home. Radim Simek is most recent case, his NHL door closed, played this season in AHL and today it was annouced that he has signed 3-year deal with Liberec. Same team where played before he left to North America.
Do you really think a team like Chicago, who is in damage-control mode, would take Connelly?
Yes. They want MBN but we take him, potential back up pick Hage gets picked by Capitals. They wont able to resist.

Reactions: lilidk

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Buium
4. Iginla
5. Catton
6. Dickinson
7. Sennecke
8. Lindstrom
9. Levshunov
10. Yakemchuk
11. Luchanko
12. Silayev
13. Brandsegg-Nygard
14. Greentree
15. Emery
16. Parekh
17. Hage
18. Helenius
19. Chernyshov
20. Basha
21. Eiserman
22. Solberg
23. Surin
24. L. Pettersson
25. Connolly
26. Hemming
27. O'Reilly
28. Howe
29. Artamonov
30. Boisvert
31. Elick
32. Gridin

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

- No-Brainer.
- BPA
- BPA
- Habs add size.
- BPA
- BPA
29. DAL: Jett Luchanco
- BPA
Passing on Helenius for MBN is criminal

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Passing on Helenius for MBN is criminal
Not really. I've seen about 30 games from Helenius and i think he is a bit overhyped. Both will be middle-6 players but i see MBN being more effective. Helenius of course has potential to be a center in NHL but MBN fits in the team identity better. Wings can pick potential bottom-6 center in the 2nd round, Simon Zether, Jack Berglund, Luke Misa, Kamil Bednarik, Linus Eriksson for example. Couple of those names should be available in the 2nd round.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I read that Lindstroms back may be more serious than thought. It could have been here. If so how
Far will he fall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad