Rumor: Per Kevin Weekes. Shesterkin rejects NYRs $88M / 11M AAV offer

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
10.5/81.5 = 12.88%

Assuming the cap goes up to 92M next year, Shesterkin's floor would be 11.85m

Thanks, couldn’t remember what the cap was at when he signed it.

Can’t say I’d feel good about that if u were rooting for the Rangers. There were some years of “you couldn’t move that contract if you tried” with Bob.

It will be very interesting to see which side caves.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That's an insane contract to reject - he better hope he doesn't have a down year
Also how does Weekes always find these ridiculous places to report from :laugh:
Probably just has a bunch pre-recorded lol. Anytime he goes somewhere he probably just makes a few Breaking News vids.

Insane contract to turn down though. Wonder what he wants.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Kind of strange, normally people are clamouring to play in NY. Does he want out? No way he is worth 12+

Well, he accomplished alone what 14M Drai and soon to be 16M McDavid could only do together - lose to the Panthers. The only caveat - goalies have their ups and downs.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Igor is crazy for rejecting this offer, but realistically the Rangers ain't going to let him walk as long as the aav is under 13

Reactions: HBK27

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
LOL
How can you have that high of an AAV for a guy who sits on the bench for 30 games?????
That's like asking how can Baseball teams commit a huge chunk of their payroll to starters that only pitch one out of every five games. Or how can NFL teams commit big cap dollars to a Quarterback that only plays half the game.

Because they disproportionately affect winning in the games they do participate in.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Yeah, I'd be getting rid of him in that case, that's actually insane. Goalies are Vezina winners one minute and cap albatrosses the next.

I'd never give a substantial amount of my cap to a goalie when he might be surpassed by his 3 million a year back-up in a year or two.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
This is like the opposite of Cam Neely dropping $64M reasons and similarly it's gonna end up being 8x$11.5M

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That's like asking how can Baseball teams commit a huge chunk of their payroll to starters that only pitch one out of every five games. Or how can NFL teams commit big cap dollars to a Quarterback that only plays half the game.

Because they disproportionately affect winning in the games they do participate in.

LOL lists a sport with no salary cap

Reactions: double5son10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad