Per Friedman: Coyotes players told team moving to Utah starting next season (Mod warning post #50)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
"Nothing has been done"

Wow, what a shocker. A NJ native who works for ESPN and has no connections to anything in ARI and Seravelli who has constantly posted about how the Yotes are going to move and told everyone they can't afford to sign FA (right before they signed FA) is wrong and spouting incorrect information that's just speculation to get clicks didn't actually break the news that Arizona is moving 3 months before the auction date even is? Wow, who could have guessed.
Nothing has been done = nothing is final.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Yeah everyone knows you need to cheer for the team in your city and that there's no point in being a fan of a team that's even close to you, let alone far away. Hockey definitely comes second to home town spirit doesn't it? Favorite players, junior players that graduate, having friends or family like a team, none of that really matters, it only matters that you live in a city with an NHL team, and if you don't you have no reason at all to be concerned about or cheer for any team.

Do you hear yourself?
Thank you for proving my point, since it's clear that you didn't get the fact that I was being intentionally facetious in my responses to prove my point about how we can choose to care about whatever we want to care about even if we're not directly impacted by said situation.

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I think some Coyotes fans are huffing some hardcore copium in this thread to convince themselves that the Coyotes aren't at risk of being moved. At least based on what has been reported, it seems like the NHL is trying to get Meruelo to sell the Coyotes to Smith, who will then relocate them to Salt Lake City. I don't think Meruelo wants to move the team, I think the NHL is pushing hard to get him to sell the team to the NHL so the NHL can sell it to an owner who will move them. They're trying to make the deal good for Meruelo so he doesn't fight it, either by not selling the team or fighting it in court later.

The NHL flat out does not want to play another 3 years at Mullett Arena and continue to hemorrhage money. At least to me, this seems like the NHL trying to move the Coyotes to a stable market and telling the Meruelo "you'll get a new team once you figure out the arena situation".
Not a single Coyotes fan has said they can't be moved.

XG literally said if the auction falls through they will be relocated. But all of this reporting that the team is going to be moved BEFORE the auction even happens? That's complete BS.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Seravelli is a hack job dude. He spouts incorrect information for clicks.
I was a jets fan that brought in his piggy bank as a kid like a lot of other winnipeggers. Of course it was just a ploy to illicit guilt but at the time I really thought it would help. I know where you're at right now but honestly do you really think the league wants mullet arena for the next 3+ years? Fans sit on benches in some areas ffs. Now a second community leader has vowed to stop the project and even if he isn't able to do that, it would be another delay which the league has already said no more delays. I think if that wasn't an issue and seeing the massive potential for the Phoenix market maybe they suck it up at mullet or beg to go back to the place they previously played at but I think that was the final nail

Say they wait for the auction only to find out they can't build there, then it's another year at mullet with no clear plan and another season in a place nobody wants to play at.

It actually makes a lot of sense if they move to Utah and give Mureno time to build an arena without all the drama surrounding this franchise.

I also disagree on your take about it being reported, this would never have been reported if the league wasn't up to something, frank and Elliot would be black balled from the league if they spread false shit about such a sensitive issue.

Hope I'm wrong tho because this shit sucks.

Reactions: Headshot77

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Shouldn't be surprising given CHL teams have better arenas but given everything we've been through in this saga I find myself surprised this day has finally come.

Feel bad for the Yotes fans. So unfair to the market how things have gone the last decade or so, but they have to do this.

Reactions: bleedblue94

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Seravelli is not a legit source and has no clue what goes on in Arizona behind closed doors. He has no connections to the team at all. He also has a large tendency to post what will get the most clicks and that's primarily what he cares about. Whether or not this is something that might happen, Seravelli ain't the one who's going to break it.
But he has broken stories over the last couple of seasons. He has sources in the league and has proven it

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
It sounds like the biggest problem is that the NHL doesn't want an NHL team in a college arena for three more years. If only Arizona could play in Glendale until their new arena gets built, assuming they win the auction.
Ya that's what I was thinking. I mean money talks right? Overpay for a 3 year lease. Your more aware of that situation is the relationship with Glendale that fractured?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
images
Show me one thing Seravelli has broken about Arizona. Ever.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
A double switch with Atlanta and Winnipeg makes the most sense and cents. Jets come back to Winnipeg with cash and Thrashers return to Atlanta for $1.3 billion.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Situation is wild. Sympathies are with Coyotes fans right now, what an awful mess to try and deal with
It's wild that it has dragged on this long. I feel like we've been talking about the Coyotes issues and possible relocation since Atlanta last had an NHL team

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
The writing was on the wall, I feel for Coyote and hockey fans in the area in general, but the risk of not having an arena being built along with playing in a college arena with 5k fans wasn't going to fly.

Reactions: bleedblue94

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Are they planning on playing in the Utah Jazz arena? Whats their seat capacity

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Isn’t SLC’s arena kind of like Barclay’s with obstructed seating? Weird that Houston isn’t the default choice if relocation is necessary.
They have an owner that is ready now and who has been making the right relationships with the NHL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Isn’t SLC’s arena kind of like Barclay’s with obstructed seating? Weird that Houston isn’t the default choice if relocation is necessary.
Timing is everything. Utah has it, Houston doesn’t, and neither does Atlanta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad