Penticton YoungStars Tourney (VAN/EDM/CGY/WPG) - Part 2

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Honest question? is there a new rule you can't knock the puck away from someone on a breakaway?

Yes, as of last year.

You can knock it away but you no longer get the legal exemption to do whatever the **** you want if you touch the puck first. Everything must be clean.

monkeywrench

May 11, 2010
Edmonton
Let's be honest, most of us want to see a Kanzig/Nurse scrap. Or a Draisaitl/Smith punch-off.

Let's not kid ourselves it would be a lot closer than you think it would be. I love watching whl and one thing that hasnt really stood out is Kanzig's fighting skills for his size.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Nurse has the strength And physicality to fight most guys in the NHL. He also has the brains to not fight the John Scotts of the world unless he absolutely has to.

hockeyismylife

Feb 18, 2007
Canada
lol at the noobs who aren't aware of last year's rule change. Get with the program.

Honest question? is there a new rule you can't knock the puck away from someone on a breakaway?

Old rule was if you got the puck first there was no call.

Now if you take the guy down regardless of if you get the puck first or not it's still a penalty shot.

It was changed last year. It doesn't matter if you get the puck first. You can't take down the player anymore, regardless.

Based on this link I don't think that should have been a penalty shot, rather a 2 minute minor...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=730165

McDeathbyCheerios*

That's a penalty on Smith for being the third man in right?

May 23, 2007
Calgary
NO!

I wanted to see Smith and Nurse fight. But they were probably still good friends after winning the Mem Cup together. Maybe in a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad