Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Isles | Loss | Throwing away points to our rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
DeSieve is now 10-16 on the year.

If you had to sum up his performance this year, in one word it would be inconsistent.

Because the same shitty defensemen, play the same shitty defensive structure game in and game out.

It just leaves you wondering what CDS performance will you get.....

Will it be the Feb 14 Shark performance or the Feb 7 brilliant game against the Avs?

Or will it be the Jan 28 shitty performance against the Sharks or the Jan 24 shittier game against the Panthers?

If Jarry is out longer term, and they keep riding DeSieve, you can kiss the playoff birth goodbye this year.

Maybe that's what this team needs.

So he's a back-up goaltender.

Like what do you guys expect from a back-up lol.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Why? What are the Penguins doing that makes you think we'd play differently in front of another back up?

This team is the worst defensive team in the league after the truly bad teams.
Because he would make more saves. Desmith was atrocious, again. Why does Jarry have a vastly better record and save percentage?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You can't fix this team with this coach.
You really can’t. And it’s comical anyone thinks a few trades will fix the glaring systems issues on this team and utilization. We thought they learned from Bylsma and Johnston. But ignorance is bliss with the Pens.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
A f***ing shame is that Sid is playing like Bergeron out there and the coach is f***ing it all up because he plays favorites.

Reactions: Hank Plank

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Let the rebuild begin! I told you people, they're losers! And they have been now for several years, get on board! When the going gets tough, they fold up tent! They are a disgrace, get with it, accept it, embrace it!

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm honestly to the point where I don't want to re-sign Jarry at all. I know the free agent options suck a fat one but I don't want to go through the aggravation of having a goalie who is always hurt any more.

I'd rather have a shitty starting goalie than a good but always injured starting goalie who makes us play a shitty starting goalie because he's always f***ing hurt.

Like f*** it just sign some shitty goalie and use those cap savings from not keeping Jarry on something else.
That's why I proposed spending more and having 1A/1B. If Jarry's injury prone we can absorb that then. One of the goalies will be available on almost every night.
Pick up Saros or Vejmelka at the deadline. Or if you're waiting until the summer pick up a good one then.
What we're doing now leaves us vulnerable.

Goaltending is not the position to save money on in this league unless you have a reliable backup for cheap.
This team's not good enough to leave question marks in net like this. We're not the 2021-22 playoff Avs here.

Reactions: Pancakes

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This reminds me of when you were trying to rationalize JJ at first. Not saying you're wrong or right about CDS. I just find you vs (much of) the board to be rather reminiscent

I never rationalized JJ ever lol. What are you talking about?

I literally had a JJ avatar for 5 years because I saiid he'd be a healthy scratch by December of the year he was signed.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Because Jarry is a starter who is going to be making 6.5-7 million dollars next year.
You asked why we would be different. That is the answer, we would obviously be different. Put Desmith on the Islanders, do you think they'd win tonight?

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I never rationalized JJ ever lol. What are you talking about?

I literally had a JJ avatar for 5 years because I saiid he'd be a healthy scratch by December of the year he was signed.

I swtg you tried rationalizing him the summer we signed him. Someone else chime in and tell me I'm crazy or I'm right. Not gonna browse post history on a Friday night.

And I thought the JJ avi was from a last bet with Biscuit guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad