GDT: | Pens vs Hawks | Nov 20th 1900hrs EST | Win it for Geno!

Geno is:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Rakell’s status for tonight?
he’s gonna get a few points

metalan2

May 30, 2008
We never beat Chicago no matter who is playing for them lol… Remember that 7-1 home loss followed by the 10-1 loss lol….I think it’s about time, as a sign of respect for Geno and his 1,000 game, that Kane and Toews allow Geno to score a couple times and hand us a win…it’s only fair, plus they get a better shot at Bedard…win win
That's over now though. Didn't we beat the shit out of them last year?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
lol you just know Malkin is gonna play an absolute stinker of a game for such a prestigious milestone. Hey maybe he can not get benched at the end of a game for a switch in honor of his 1000th.

Reactions: ColePens and Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This is a similar situation to the previous road trip now. Coming into this we would have been pretty happy with 2-0-1 or 2-1 against Minny/Winnipeg/Chicago. And same was true where we were going to face Montreal with a chance to go 3-0 after being 2-0 against Toronto/Washington.

In other words, let's actually close the deal this time. We badly need the points. Going 2 for 3 on roadtrips is nice but we need some clean sweeps given the shit start.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That's over now though. Didn't we beat the shit out of them last year?
No….we split…we beat them at home and lost in Chicago

lol you just know Malkin is gonna play an absolute stinker of a game for such a prestigious milestone. Hey maybe he can not get benched at the end of a game for a switch in honor of his 1000th.
Stinker of a game and then injure his other knee…lol…he’s a Penguin

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We're 4th in GF/G in the league now. For all the justified complaints about our PP and line combinations and everything else, this is still a team that can score a ton of goals, and is.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We're 4th in GF/G in the league now. For all the justified complaints about our PP and line combinations and everything else, this is still a team that can score a ton of goals, and is.
I mean I’m skeptical of that stat so early in the season…we haven’t exactly faced a murderers row of goalies and we’ve had some good luck with pretty shitty goalie performances, along with some pretty witty performances by our own netminders lol

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I mean I’m skeptical of that stat so early in the season…we haven’t exactly faced a murderers row of goalies and we’ve had some good luck with pretty shitty goalie performances, along with some pretty witty performances by our own netminders lol
We're finishing at a worse rate than you would expect given the chances we've generated:

Also, from Dom's power rankings this week on the Athletic, our powerplay going into Thursday scored just 6.6 goals-per-60 on 9.1 expected goals-per-60. The latter mark is top 10 in the league. So our PP could improve by a lot if the finishing starts to line up with the chances it has generated.

I'll admit that stat from Dom surprised me because our PP certainly does not pass the eye test. So I'm not sure I buy that our numbers will go up there. But if they do, and if we get some goaltending, I think this is still a team that could make the playoffs.

Ultimately I do think we will get in as the 4th team. I think we're better than the Isles.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We're finishing at a worse rate than you would expect given the chances we've generated:

Also, from Dom's power rankings this week on the Athletic, our powerplay going into Thursday scored just 6.6 goals-per-60 on 9.1 expected goals-per-60. The latter mark is top 10 in the league. So our PP could improve by a lot if the finishing starts to line up with the chances it has generated.

I'll admit that stat from Dom surprised me because our PP certainly does not pass the eye test. So I'm not sure I buy that our numbers will go up there. But if they do, and if we get some goaltending, I think this is still a team that could make the playoffs.

Ultimately I do think we will get in as the 4th team. I think we're better than the Isles.

Our difference is marginal at -1.5 and probably accounted for, as you say, by the PP and not at ES…

I think both the Isles and Rags have better goaltending and likely will make it over the Pens for that reason…see the Pens finishing 5th in the Metro…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Probably because the Powerplay was one of the best in the league through the first few games.

Reactions: Pancakes

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020

Finishing? I just want:

1. Penguins to actually get into the zone...
2. Penguins to not give a shorty goals and consistent 2v1s

That's how low my standard is...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Courtesy of Bob Grove lol…

All-time, Pens average 2.50 goals per game @ Chicago, lowest number in any city in which they've played at least 20 GP. In the Crosby Era, however, that number is 1.80.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Wow, it’s wild to think that Geno spin-o-rama goal against Edmonton was back in 2014.

Also that breakaway slapper against Philly is one of my favorite goals of all time.

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad