Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Western perspective or Russian perspective? :)

Regardless, he still has a connection to where he grew up, and is probably willing to tolerate risk. Besides, Magnitogork is pretty far away from everything going on with Ukraine.

Unless Russia goes to war with Kazakhstan, which is an almost impossibility based on how much those 2 get along.

View attachment 897749
If Mongolia tries to re-establish itself as the world's most dominant nation again, Geno could be in some trouble.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Rakell for Laine (Jarry for Merzy, whatever) is a move I would be willing to make for the sole purpose of adding a lethal shooting skill player to the lineup. We obviously have no issue generating shots. We have issues putting the puck in the net.

Sometimes a shakeup just for a shakeup is necessary. Look at last year when Jake went out and Bunting came in. Yes, they moped for about 4 games but the entire team came back and looked re-energized.

Reinforces my opinion that this team is stale af. Shaking up the goaltending room might do wonders for this team's morale too.

Reactions: SEALBound

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Are you kidding? He just recently signed Yager.
Yay, he signed a guy they already drafted.

Shrewd

Maybe he can get back to work since his book is done. That thing must be a textbook size if it outlines all of his mistakes as GM in Toronto - several volumes.

He will have quite a bit to confess when he writes a book about his mistakes here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
If Mongolia tries to re-establish itself as the world's most dominant nation again, Geno could be in some trouble.
Actually Magnitogorsk is pretty far from there as well...
1722364673620.png

He just needs to worry about the Kazakhs, but they are truly big time buddies!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I made the mistake of listening to DK's Daily Shot of Diarrhea a minute ago. Once he was finally done removing Mario and Crosby's balls from his mouth his brilliant solution was to praise EK for his ability on the right point and put him there, put Letang on left point (Letang had zero PP goals last season BTW). The other forwards outside of Crosby should "win it in camp." Heavily implied should be two of Bunting, Rust or DOC. I'll give you one wild guess as to who he reserved his only negative critiques for.

People can rip on me all they want for trying to white knight the guy all the time. But the hate particularly in this regard where he wasn't even present like a third of the year is f***ing obnoxious. Letang gets handed a spot automatically? Really?

Oh hey it's Tuesday. So I got the day right this time, at least.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
1722368124834.png

What the f***.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
View attachment 898086

What the f***.
Dude just painted half of his body and tried to concuss the canvas huh? Leaves his feet and everything. :laugh:

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yay, he signed a guy they already drafted.

Shrewd
It was, exactly what we all were waiting for.

Now, if you don't understand we're tanking, then you'll be very disappointed.

Dubas is doing exactly what he needs to for the future success and viability of this team. You just have trouble accepting that because you're a Crosby fanboi!

If Crosby chooses to stay here he'll be waiting a while before he sees the post season again.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
That got me to check, and it turns out the Pens appear to have lost two scouts while gaining one.
Chris Roque is obviously the one they gained.
The two they lost? Global Crossover Scout Colin Alexander, and Amateur Scout Jay Heinbuck.
Honestly, I'm amazed Heinbuck lasted as long as he did. Heinbuck had taken over as the Directory of Amateur Scouting for the Pens from Greg Malone way back under Shero. In 2014, Rutherford promoted Randy Sexton to be a "co-director" of amateur scouting along with Heinbuck, and then in 2015, Heinbuck was demoted from "co-directory" to just a regular amateur scout... and somehow stayed in that position for the next 9 years until now.

To be honest, it's not even like I'd say his tenure was really all that bad (the 2010 through 2013 drafts produced a good number of NHLers, including several players on the back-to-back teams), but I wouldn't have expected someone who basically got demoted twice to stick around as long as he did.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
That got me to check, and it turns out the Pens appear to have lost two scouts while gaining one.
Chris Roque is obviously the one they gained.
The two they lost? Global Crossover Scout Colin Alexander, and Amateur Scout Jay Heinbuck.
Honestly, I'm amazed Heinbuck lasted as long as he did. Heinbuck had taken over as the Directory of Amateur Scouting for the Pens from Greg Malone way back under Shero. In 2014, Rutherford promoted Randy Sexton to be a "co-director" of amateur scouting along with Heinbuck, and then in 2015, Heinbuck was demoted from "co-directory" to just a regular amateur scout... and somehow stayed in that position for the next 9 years until now.

To be honest, it's not even like I'd say his tenure was really all that bad (the 2010 through 2013 drafts produced a good number of NHLers, including several players on the back-to-back teams), but I wouldn't have expected someone who basically got demoted twice to stick around as long as he did.
Sheer speculation, but I've seen something similar happen in my industry.

Sometimes people have a certain set of skills that makes them valuable. But then they get promoted, and they're just in over their head. Maybe they can't manage people or keep projects organized. But they still have their original skills, so they're quietly reassigned back to their previous position equipped with a raise and maybe a few other benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad