Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We don't get nervous about Sid not signing because it doesn't matter, to be brutally honest. Either he wants to retire a Penguin knowing the team's in for some real bleak years, or he wants to go elsewhere for a chance to actually compete. /shrug
Sid's just trying to figure out the best way to tell Geno and Tanger that he's bailing this sinking ship after convincing both guys to sign retirement deals with the Penguins.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Sid's just trying to figure out the best way to tell Geno and Tanger that he's bailing this sinking ship after convincing both guys to sign retirement deals with the Penguins.
I think Letang would be able to go elsewhere quite easily. Even Malkin.

They would have to open up the teams they would be interested In but If Crosby did leave I could see both leave at the deadline or off season.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I mean with very rare exceptions, at 25 you’re probably the player you’re going to be. Development has probably stopped.

The player can have more success through better usage and/or environment but by their mid 20s it’s hard to imagine them getting significantly better skill wise.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
"They no want me"

or

"I want to win and its just that...well...you guys suck"

or

"It's not you, it's me. I want to win"

I think he resigns but what I can't wrap my mind around is the $10mil/yr salary/caphit. You've gone out of your way your entire career to take a bit less to help the team and you're the highest paid player ever and you have endorsements up the wazoo and it's NOW that you want a bit more? Just odd.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
That says "top four defenseman" though. Not "third pairing defenseman being paid like a top four."

I wonder if Graves will be as hated as JJ by this time next season? Probably not. Bad/disappointing as Graves has no doubt been... there were legitimately times where I wondered if I could have gotten out there and done a better job than JJ. And I'm old. And haven't played in a long time. And was a forward.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
That says "top four defenseman" though. Not "third pairing defenseman being paid like a top four."

I wonder if Graves will be as hated as JJ by this time next season? Probably not. Bad/disappointing as Graves has no doubt been... there were legitimately times where I wondered if I could have gotten out there and done a better job than JJ. And I'm old. And haven't played in a long time. And was a forward.
This never stopped JR before (I know, I know....he isn't the Nuck's GM).

All we can hope for is a GM to fall in love with size.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
As much as I hate Sullivan and want to agree out of spite for him, I'm not sure that's entirely true. Yager likes to shoot and Crosby wants the puck, yes, but Crosby also likes making plays. He lost his trigger man in Jake so tell Yager "Hey, work with Sid and shoot what he gives you." wouldn't be the worst direction.

Starting Yager at wing to work him into the NHL and then transitioning him to center when appropriate isn't the worst option. That's the Jordan Staal route and it worked out well. Granted, the team's makeup was slightly different but still.

Yager-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Rakell
DOC-Hayes-Beauvillier
Poulin-Lizotte-Puljujarvi

Would be my "preferred" lineup assuming two things: 1. Hayes is a part of the roster. 2. The "new" guys are prioritized over the "old" guys. Meaning, if push comes to shove, Acciari is a HS over Lizotte.
Sullivan literally told Sprong what I said. Sullivan is a f***ing moron. These are facts.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
"They no want me"

or

"I want to win and its just that...well...you guys suck"

or

"It's not you, it's me. I want to win"

I think he resigns but what I can't wrap my mind around is the $10mil/yr salary/caphit. You've gone out of your way your entire career to take a bit less to help the team and you're the highest paid player ever and you have endorsements up the wazoo and it's NOW that you want a bit more? Just odd.

Discount when you can win. No discount when it's over.

Crosby is like I might as well make bank now.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
As someone who has always been adamantly opposed to these guys retiring anywhere but Pittsburgh I have to admit that it would be shocking and frankly a little funny (but only temporarily) if this team's utter incompetence, mismanagement, arrogance and inexplicable need to stick with the same doof coach for going on ten years of failure somehow beat out Sid's over the top superstition and want to be a one-team legacy kind of player. Would be a kind of impressive catastrophic failure of sorts, you know?

That said... he's just waiting for 08/07 -- it's Crosby we're talking about, here.

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
I think he’s waiting for 08/07 and the extension is already signed. There was a lot of speculation until that report that came out two weeks ago that a deal is close and it should be 3x$10. Since then, it’s been radio silence. If there was even a whiff that that report wasn’t true and he was considering not re-signing, no doubt the Canadian media would be all over it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That would legit be hilarious tbh. :laugh:
Geno/Tanger: "Hey Sid, we're in this for the long haul, right? Besties until the end? Sid ...?"

Crosby:
the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

Nah everybody knew JJ was cooked before he even played a game here.

Everybody except @Empoleon8771

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Here’s Kan Dingerski’s Metro division predictions lol…

Metro Division Predictions​

Projecting more parity in the division this season, with higher totals for most teams except the top.

1. New York Rangers: 106points
  2. New Jersey Devils: 101 points
  3. Carolina Hurricanes: 95 points
  4. Washington Capitals: 92 points.
  5. Philadelphia Flyers: 89 points
  6. Pittsburgh Penguins: 86 points
  7. New York Islanders: 86 points
  8. Columbus Blue Jackets: 70 points.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Who is this guy?

Here’s Kan Dingerski’s Metro division predictions lol…

Metro Division Predictions​

Projecting more parity in the division this season, with higher totals for most teams except the top.

1. New York Rangers: 106points
  2. New Jersey Devils: 101 points
  3. Carolina Hurricanes: 95 points
  4. Washington Capitals: 92 points.
  5. Philadelphia Flyers: 89 points
  6. Pittsburgh Penguins: 86 points
  7. New York Islanders: 86 points
  8. Columbus Blue Jackets: 70 points.

Islanders losing 8 points? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad