Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Imagine Dubas waited and we lost him for nothing and didn’t even make the playoffs still. I’m fine not keeping him around, we got something from him over not a damn thing. Same thing should happen with Petts.

Reactions: wizmet12

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Oh no, the team might SUCK
You need to put nerd glasses on

Then you'll see the PLAN

GettyImages-1504428939-scaled-e1710796319114-1024x683.jpg

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
We gave Gonchar a total of $25M for five years at the very beginning of the Cap Era. It seems to have worked out well.
We gave that to him at a time directly preceding the ascension arc. The timing made sense.
This is not the same. We are like 3-4 years away from even fully pushing the reset button, let alone pushing to win rounds.
This is not the time to burn tens of millions of precious cap space. We need it to be converted into picks, cuz our prospect pool is barren.

Pettersson just hanging out is not at all worth the picks we'd sacrifice.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Why the f*** are people wishing the Pens paid Guentzel 8.5 for 8 years over Bunting, Brunecke, Koivunen, Ponomarev and Lucius.
Cuz they care about short term enjoyment with goal scoring over long-term prosperity of the team.
It's the same reason they wanna keep the core-3.

They just use the excuse that they need to honor them. It's really about being less bored in upcoming games.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Cuz they care about short term enjoyment with goal scoring over long-term prosperity of the team.
It's the same reason they wanna keep the core-3.

They just use the excuse that they need to honor them. It's really about being less bored in upcoming games.

I don’t like quitters in life, work, or sports.

If the routes had been exhausted, I’d get the idea of packing it in.

What I see from my end is a GM who can’t make big swings and who can’t make the tough decisions just like in Toronto so he’s taking the easy out of “rebuild” because the prolongs the amount of rope he gets.

I wasn’t alive for the Mario tank. The 2002 season and beyond was largely forced on the team financially.

We have one of the richest ownerships in the league now and we are choosing to be the most milque toast franchise because it’s too hard to make tough decisions.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
I don’t like quitters in life, work, or sports.

If the routes had been exhausted, I’d get the idea of packing it in.

What I see from my end is a GM who can’t make big swings and who can’t make the tough decisions just like in Toronto so he’s taking the easy out of “rebuild” because the prolongs the amount of rope he gets.

I wasn’t alive for the Mario tank. The 2002 season and beyond was largely forced on the team financially.

We have one of the richest ownerships in the league now and we are choosing to be the most milque toast franchise because it’s too hard to make tough decisions.
Everyone enjoy your summer.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If we somehow finish in the top 3 this year Frondell would be a very solid pick that could potentially be a franchise guy.

I don’t trust Hagens.

No clue who the next draft class is, hell I don’t even know who this draft class were including our guys we just got.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I almost wish that were the case. But it's worse than that. It's not that they think it's too hard to make tough decisions, it's that they truly don't think firing the coach is a good decision.

That's the scary part. They literally think they've got a generational coach and firing him would be a bad hockey decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad