Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
As long as Crosby is here, the Pens aren't going to bottom out. Even if you strip it all down, they're likely hovering around the top 10 spot.

The difference in drafting postion between #10 and a playoff spot isn't worth the potential lost playoff runs, lost playoff revenue, and compromised relationship with all-time legends by blowing it all up. And we saw what Dubas got in return for our best asset - he couldn't even manage a 1st for Guentzel, you think he's gonna do better than that with what's left? Or are a wad of 2nd rounders that enticing?

Besides, the Pens are aleady getting some young talent for Sid to play with without going scorched earth. That's what the McG trade was all about.
You keep saying this like the last 2 seasons hasn't happened and the team has continued to praise the coach that has literally tanked this team, young players leaving that this team needed to use or at least try more than 2 f***ing games, Guentzel literally didn't even want to re-sign and played the games to make sure he didn't just blatantly come out and say it until now where he let's it slip how excited he was to test the market at least once. He left Carolina, a better team, to go to Tampa. So I mean even then, Jake was never going to stay. Yet you think this team is never going to bottom out because of Sid?

Sure, not on purpose. But I feel like someone has already made sure that's inevitable, I'm sure we'll figure out who that might be soon enough, it'll pop up in our heads the moment it passes us.

t6a7CPD.png

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Fwiw, if anything:
10:05 AM - SEPTEMBER 3, 2024 DOWNTOWN
I’d mentioned late last week that an announcement was coming really soon. My guess is they waited a couple extra days for the same reason the entire hockey world was silenced through the weekend.

This was about the Penguins' new radio play by play broadcaster.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I get worked up from time to time. I hate Sullivan as much as anyone, but watching the level of mental destruction it causes here (and STILL on the TML board) is mind-boggling. I often used the "get help" retort as an insult, but some should legitimately be talking to a counselor. I'm shocked they don't have family or friends stepping in and saying something. I can't imagine this level of destabilization doesn't manifest itself in unhealthy ways in other facets of life.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Unless McGroarty sucks in camp, I'm pretty sure we'll see O'Connor on L1 and McGroarty on L3 to start the year. McGroarty will eventually make it to the top-6 later in the season but I think that's where he'll start.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The dream to bring in Malkin's BFF to play with him is still alive

Bring him in Dubas

I don't recall James Neal ever retiring either. Might be a decade late but Kulemin-Malkin-Neal would be a lovely 4th or 5ht line for us now.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Unless McGroarty sucks in camp, I'm pretty sure we'll see O'Connor on L1 and McGroarty on L3 to start the year. McGroarty will eventually make it to the top-6 later in the season but I think that's where he'll start.
He has to 'get adapted to the professional game'.

Which is probably true, but annoying because it's likely already been decided in the minds of those who matter.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He has to 'get adapted to the professional game'.

Which is probably true, but annoying because it's likely already been decided in the minds of those who matter.

Honestly I don't buy this. I think McGroarty is going to be an absolute favorite of Sullivan because of how he plays.

I don't think this is going to be a Sprong scenario, I think it's going to be a Marino scenario.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Honestly I don't buy this. I think McGroarty is going to be an absolute favorite of Sullivan because of how he plays.

I don't think this is going to be a Sprong scenario, I think it's going to be a Marino scenario.
More importantly, if he starts on Sid's line and plays the game that he's "known" for (gritty, hard forechecking, goes to the net), he may become a favorite of Sid which might mellow Sullivan on other aspects.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm less worried that McGroarty will get time, and more concerned he's gonna be told to adapt his game to some Acciari/Harkins slop to stick in the lineup.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Marino spent the first month of his career averaging just under 17min a night on the third pair. He started getting 20min a night because Letang missed a few weeks and then coinciding with that, Schultz was in and out of the line up before missing a month and a half. He took advantage of his opportunity and Sullivan certainly liked him more than some other guys we've seen, but Marino was not willingly put into that role from the jump.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
All of this "he plays Sullivan hockey" stuff about Groats is turning me off of him as a player way worse than anything Farkas could have ever posted. Yeesh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad