Post-Game Talk: Pens/Isles Game 1: Home Ice + Good Matchup all for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well that’s it. This team is screwed if that’s how Jarry is going to play.

TBF, while it was not a great performance, every Penguins goalie we've ever won the Cup with has shat the bed at some point in the postseason. Look at how MAF is just killing it with Vegas. :dunno:

I guess it's the new HF dumb thing, but I'm more pissed at the lack of compete and effort team wide than a goalie letting in a sloppy goal nearly 15 minutes into OT.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Well, when you are tentative and haven't located the puck well in the previous 60 min... you tend to have bad positioning.

Funny enough, it probably was the only decent chance he gave up. Turnover, close shot, no gap for Petts, and knuckle ball chip.
Disgusting really. Couldn't believe it

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Blame Jarry all you want. He had some big saves too, but obviously some bad goals. What bothers me more is that we weren´t better at all. Horrible 3rd period. Generated very little and it had a loss written all over them since the start of the OT too. This is not nearly enough. If we can´t even have a slight edge in play at home, then this series is gonna end very sadly. Again. Losing every OT in the playoffs. This team just can´t bring it big time anymore.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Now I have to mow the lawn... after that game I just feel like dumping gasoline on it and watching it burn
:laugh:

Reactions: ericstrat1

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I will say this is as disappointed as I've felt since Game 5 of the ECF in 2016. Luckily that one went differently.

Dude. Not just saying this to agree with you, was JUST thinking this. I was in such a bad mood the next day after that one. Unfortunately, it’s gonna be the same tomorrow.

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
TBF, while it was not a great performance, every Penguins goalie we've ever won the Cup with has shat the bed at some point in the postseason. Look at how MAF is just killing it with Vegas. :dunno:

I guess it's the new HF dumb thing, but I'm more pissed at the lack of compete and effort team wide than a goalie letting in a sloppy goal nearly 15 minutes into OT.

Yeah, but shitting the bed at the outset usually isn't indicative of one of the good runs. :D

Reactions: Shady Machine

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I'm as disappointed as anybody, but the overall effort was good and anybody thinking a Trotz team was going to be a cakewalk was fooling themselves.

There are no cakewalks anymore. It's the playoffs. Every team got here for a reason. But I agree, I think they played well enough.

Reactions: StaalForOne

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What did you seriously expect without a key linchpin? I know it's vogue around these parts and Mark Madden's twitter account to say the Pens don't need 71, but we definitely do in the playoff games that matter. That PP was facing soft teams and McCann scored almost all his PP goals against shit teams. Getting 71 back will help a lot.

I don't get the sky is falling crowd. This isn't the same team, and they don't quit or wilt. Jarry makes 2 basic saves and we walk out with a win. This game is on goaltending and a couple mistakes, which we can't afford to make without Malkin's scoring.

Man I'll be here for Game 2 and a believer until the absolute final whistle. Heartbreaking loss is how we've handled these post seasons and it just keeps coming. You would think a team who won b2b Cups would just KNOW they can win OT games. Instead they don't. They know they are going to lose them. The Isles haven't won a Stanley Cup since 83? They KNOW they are winning the OT game. And they haven't won shit. Most of their players were not even born to see an Isles Cup.

It blows my mind how that happens.

Reactions: Andy99 and ncm7772
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad