GDT: Pens @ Detroit | Hockey Hockey!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If someone could please fire me off a link, it would be appreciated.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm wondering if they'll simply waive Pouliot and cut their losses if they can't swap Sheahan for him. If he gets snagged, he's someone elses problem on thier NHL roster.

-waive Archibald

Jake-Sid-Sheary
Hags-G-Phil
Rust-McKegg-Horny
Wilson-Rowney/McClement-Reaves
Kuhnackl

Dumo-Tang
Cole-Schultz
Maatta-Hunwick
Ruh

Murz
Niemi

23 Man roster with some C depth.

That or simply don't sign McC and keep Archie up. I'm fine either way.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'm wondering if they'll simply waive Pouliot and cut their losses if they can't swap Sheahan for him. If he gets snagged, he's someone elses problem on thier NHL roster..

i'm hoping for a last min. trade for something.,,,,,and I don't see any reason to lose archie

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They're not going to waive Pouliot, that's asinine. They're a lot more likely to waive Archibald, someone they already have in spades in the organization, that they are to waive Pouliot. It makes zero sense for them to waive Pouliot, and it makes even less sense that you're bringing up "cutting your losses" with Pouliot in a game where he's actually playing pretty well.

I'm like 95% sure Pouliot is going to be traded for a center by next week, but they're flat out not going to waive him. It doesn't make any sense, he would 100% be claimed.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know it's just preseason, but one thing I think the team is vastly missing is the muck/grind of Hornqvist. We are not getting a ton of 2nd chances. I think when 72 leaves, we are really going to miss those scratch/claw crappy goals.

lot of guys skating well........or maybe the wings are slow. :)

Actually may be true. :laugh:

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maatta looks like he did when he forced the Pens to keep him up as an 18 year old. He's all over the ice covering a lot of territory.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Pouliot is waived Shero will need some time alone after he puts the claim in.

I didn't even think of Shero, to be honest, because I honestly doubt he'd make it that far. I'd be surprised for Pouliot to make it passed Colorado on the waiver wire.

You seem to be under the assumption that i care if he gets claimed. :laugh:

That's just awful asset management, though.

Maatta looks like he did when he forced the Pens to keep him up as an 18 year old. He's all over the ice covering a lot of territory.

Yeah, Maatta looks really, really good in the preseason.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great save by Jarry. Sprong has made some boneheaded turnovers. Trying to kick the puck to his stick, he basically gives it straight to the Wing.

Made a bad turnover earlier at the blueline. Step it up Sprong.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
You seem to be under the assumption that i care if he gets claimed. :laugh:

I'd like to at least get a token 7th if his value is that bad. Just something.

I didn't even think of Shero, to be honest, because I honestly doubt he'd make it that far. I'd be surprised for Pouliot to make it passed Colorado on the waiver wire.

That's just awful asset management, though.

I thought Shero had first dibs after the draft rankings. I'm probably wrong.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I thought Shero had first dibs after the draft rankings. I'm probably wrong.

I think it's based on record, which means Colorado would have first dibs. It might be based on the draft, though, I'm not 100%. Either way, I can think of like 6 teams weak on LD that would immediately put a claim on Pouliot if he'd be waived. Even if it's just a 3rd in return, it would be dumb to just **** that away.

Either way, it's a moot point because if he doesn't go for Sheahan, he's going to be traded for another center before opening night. I can't see a way he's still on this team in a week unless someone gets hurt between now and then.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, no prospect is really impressing here except maybe Jarry and McKegg. I think McKegg will win a spot at 4C. The other options aren't as good

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Great save by Jarry. Sprong has made some boneheaded turnovers. Trying to kick the puck to his stick, he basically gives it straight to the Wing.

Made a bad turnover earlier at the blueline. Step it up Sprong.

he's not looking like a guy that's going to stay.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Yeah, no prospect is really impressing here except maybe Jarry and McKegg. I think McKegg will win a spot at 4C. The other options aren't as good
if Johnson had better wings...I think he would look better... that and him getting pushed around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad