Rumor: Pens, Crosby closing in on extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
When people talk about the dead puck era they are talking about the rather abrupt change from the high flying 80s to the defensive systems of the 90s. It's not just when the scoring was lowest. (Though I agree you can call others DPE 2.0 or what have you).

I think many would agree that the 1995 Devil win and the quite stark drop in goal scoring was the beginning with the defensive systems being utilized and especially stymieing of offense especially in the neutral zone. Some will push the date back to 1997, but never 2001. And for what it's worth the wikipedia on the NHL lists the dead puck era from lockout to lockout.

In any case, his argument that Jagr' was in a substantially higher scoring era doesn't seem to have much merit.
Nor does your baseless argument about Jagr producing more than Crosby. So let’s end it all together.

This isn’t a thread about who was better or when the dead puck era was.

• Haha
Reactions: KevinRedkey

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Nor does your baseless argument about Jagr producing more than Crosby. So let’s end it all together.

This isn’t a thread about who was better or when the dead puck era was.
When did I say that? I'll wait for you to find that quote.

You just making up arguments to win? Not doing that enough in the shower bro?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
No it wasn't? The dead puck era was like 2001-2004 while Jagr's prime was in 1996-2000.

In the actual dead puck era, Jagr was an 80 point guy as evidence by what he did in Washington in the early 2000s.

It's debatable as it's not super well defined, but the most commonly accepted answer to when the DPE began is 1996-97 when the NHL implemented delayed offsides.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad