Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Wild 3 - The Geno Saved MJ's Job Edition

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'd put Dumo up with Letang and Clendening on the second pairing with *sigh* Cole. Then just do what you can to hide the other two.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd put Dumo up with Letang and Clendening on the second pairing with *sigh* Cole. Then just do what you can to hide the other two.

Yeah that's probably the best decision but they definitely won't.

Cole-Letang
Dumo-Lovejoy
Scuderi-Clendening

Those will be the pairings and poor Clendening will be criticized when that pairing looks bad.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

Cole-Letang
Dumo-Lovejoy
Scuderi-Clendening

Those will be the pairings and poor Clendening will be criticized when that pairing looks bad.

That's what terrifies me the most. That's why I don't want him anywhere near Clendening.

Honestly I'm shocked by how smart and mobile Clenny looks.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

Cole-Letang
Dumo-Lovejoy
Scuderi-Clendening

Tough to criticize Clendening when every pairing looks bad...

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I heard that a guy once used a four syllable word, so Donnie Iris knelt behind him while Scuderi shoved him overtop.

42050.JPG

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I wonder if someone actually paid $3.49 for that record.

Which I have, by the way.

NAO... he pays the bills with King Cool Light. Of course.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Pink Telecaster?

Oh... and, uh... to stay OT... that Malkin guy is pretty OK.

I kinda wish he wouldn't pull this "other planet" **** when we have a pack of bozos behind the bench that are in desperate needing of pink slips, though. Oh well. The second goal alone might have been worth the rest of the season of MJ behind the bench in entertainment value alone. I actually think I read a few people saying it wasn't THAT impressive. I don't know what those people have been watching... but that was golden-era-of-the-game ****, right there. Holy ****.

First game I've watched in seven or eight. Glad I was bored and tuned in on a whim. Good to see Clendening get his SECOND game of the season. Nice mandate you got there, MJ.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Where has that Geno been, and why can't he stay around forever?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Is Pouliot playing that poorly, or does this organization simply not want to dress actual puck movers in a system that supposedly requires puck movers to be effective?

Or maybe they recognize that Clendening is up and that DP still has things they want him to work on? Naw, wait that can't be it. :sarcasm:

In addition to CHI's guy we have in WBS, we also have Gonchar bouncing back and forth helping out. I'm fine with DP down there for a little longer. Besides, if this doesn't work out, we can always bring him up later.

Last edited:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I don't think they're going to call anyone up, actually. And if they do, it'll be someone making as little as possible. They've only got a little over $330k in cap space. They'd be able to keep Pouliot on the roster for 6-7 weeks, then they're completely out of cap space.

If someone does get called up, I'd say that Oleksy is the most likely candidate. He's signed for league minimum ($575k), has 62 games of NHL experience, and wouldn't be a waste to sit in the press box as a #7 guy (as opposed to some of the younger defenders).

Maatta going onto LTIR (which is almost a certainty) would resolve that issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad