Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
There was never a point in which I wanted Letang to stay and Malkin to walk. I was pretty clear about the exact opposite of that for so many f***ing reasons we see now.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I remember when everyone here was like "nooooo not JT Miller!" :laugh:

And we go and get Granlund instead.
JT Miller is better off for it, at least. He would have been a throw in in the Karlsson trade with retention probably.

The irony is that a properly used Granlund wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for us right now.

Reactions: SEALBound

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
We could've just not signed Letang.

I never will get why so many Pens fans were on board for that one and wanted Malkin to walk.
I get why you'd call Mark Madden "so many Penguins fans" due to his overall size but he's still just one man.

If anything, I think people were concerned about price tag. With BOTH Letang and Malkin, the general sentiment was "we want them back but not at any cost"
JT Miller is better off for it, at least. He would have been a throw in in the Karlsson trade with retention probably.

The irony is that a properly used Granlund wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world for us right now.
There are a couple guys I'd like to have right now: Jake, Zucker, Hagelin, Kessel...all in their prime of course, not current state.

I think the meme of Granlund is what we need - a capable top 6 wing that can play a grittier game. Granlund himself was just a complete miss for one reason or another.

What we need is to hit on something like Fiala for Granlund or a Perron for Hagelin or a Horny for Neal. I'd love if Rust was the sacrifice but would accept damn near anyone at this point.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The weirdest thing is that Sullivan's been utterly revered by multiple ownerships, FOs, and GMs. :laugh: It makes no sense. I get giving the guy who won back to back Cups some leash, but we're staring down the reality that this team's gonna miss three times in a row. :laugh: At what point are these schmucks forced to face the reality that the shine's worn off the turd?

-edit- also lol

Do not underestimate the ability in the business world to have endless lines of utter bullshit ready to spew. I mean, Mike Tomlin has lasted 18 years doing the same.

I know plenty of people in my company that are all hat and no cattle too.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I get why you'd call Mark Madden "so many Penguins fans" due to his overall size but he's still just one man.

If anything, I think people were concerned about price tag. With BOTH Letang and Malkin, the general sentiment was "we want them back but not at any cost"

Nope. I made the argument most of that summer that we should just let Letang walk and try to acquire Brent Burns or Jeff Petry on the cheap and people said that was stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad