Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
It's not our goalies," Crosby..."It's on us to play better in front of them."
"We're giving up odd-man rushes," Crosby said. "We're not getting clears."

He added: "Look at the game-winner. I lose the faceoff. Then I don't get my guy. And it ends up in the back of the net."
"We can't keep giving up five or six goals a game if we want to win," Crosby said.

Sid usually doesn't comment as much when they're in a funk but the stuff he said after this one is frustration and when your HOF franchise star is saying stuff like that, as a GM you gotta pay real close attention to what the real issues are and it's been the way they play. It's not one game or two they're like this. Routinely giving up the puck and giving up the 2nd most shots against per game and a lot of high danger shots.

His line has been ass sure but it's the way this entire team plays. That's on the coach.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
After years the team is finally getting secondary scoring but now the whole team plays defense like they've never played hockey before. One thing gets fixed another breaks
This is a carry over from last season, all Ned needed to do last season was not allow 4 goals a game in that final 15 to win and his goals against was 3.00 goals against (4.00 a game and team allowed 3.38 and 19th for shots against). It's not new. It's just the team isn't out scoring as many as they let in like they did in the final 15 last season.

Scoring at 3.43 GF/G is fine but when you're allowing the 2nd most shots against and the collapses and turnovers are resulting in 4.43 GA/G is a recipe for disaster.

It's not even a rough patch either. These are all issues that this system had during various stretches last season and the year before but it's finally just started to happen all at once this season.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Reactions: Andy99 and eXile3

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
“Do you think a new coach will make the players more disciplined?”

Yes Yohe. You may have forgotten after watching Sully suck for the last 5 years but that’s actually what a coach is supposed to do.

Sid below a ppg now. I’m sure he’s going to love watching his production drop playing with 3rd liners.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It would be cool if Dubas hired an actual GM. Dubas kind of sucks at that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad