Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Even if you want Rutger up with the main team, doesn't it make sense to send him to WBS on paper? That way you get some cap space that accrues. Not sure if players being on IR and LTIR plays into that

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Even if you want Rutger up with the main team, doesn't it make sense to send him to WBS on paper? That way you get some cap space that accrues. Not sure if players being on IR and LTIR plays into that
If he was not ready for the NHL, sure. If we was NOT one of the 12 best forwards on this team, OK. Neither of those are true.

Young forwards who are physically mature for the NHL should be in the NHL when they are good enough. AND, it is not like he did not make the team out of training camp. Man, Sullivan was pretty quick to break up that third line. That in and of itself is a big joke.

I mean, if we are going to start sitting him out for weeks, then yeah. Send him down. But WHY are we not playing him? WHO is so invaluable and irreplaceable that you have to send him down?

Yeah, I am looking at you Anthony Beauvillier. You are literally destroying the first line. So, naturally I expect a three-year contract extension any day now.

Mike Sullivan hockey...deal with it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If he was not ready for the NHL, sure. If we was NOT one of the 12 best forwards on this team, OK. Neither of those are true.

Young forwards who are physically mature for the NHL should be in the NHL when they are good enough. AND, it is not like he did not make the team out of training camp. Man, Sullivan was pretty quick to break up that third line. That in and of itself is a big joke.

I mean, if we are going to start sitting him out for weeks, then yeah. Send him down. But WHY are we not playing him? WHO is so invaluable and irreplaceable that you have to send him down?

Yeah, I am looking at you Anthony Beauvillier. You are literally destroying the first line. So, naturally I expect a three-year contract extension any day now.

Beauvillier is not literally destroying the first line. To date, he's the only that has scored on it. You can blame DOC for not being good enough, blame Sid for looking only about 50% engaged, you can blame Rust for being rusty, and that would all be fair. Beauvillier though? I guess you could say that he hasn't cashed in on enough chances that but comes with the blindness to the fact that he's at least getting the chances.

Blaming Beauvillier for the first line because you are mad McGroarty got sent to the AHL from the 3rd line is an interesting leap to say the least.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad