Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
You can't complain too much about the Jake deal, just swapping an under-contract Bunting for Jake looks like a winner considering the cap differential and styles of play, and the fact we are committed to Bunting for only two more years. The pick and prospects were all just lottery tickets, if one pans out the trade was amazing, considering the salary cap space we got over the short and longer haul.

I keep expecting Jake to get injured sooner than later anyways. Would anyone be surprised after all the wear and tear if he started to have long stretches on IR or of ineffective play like he had here at times? Not anything against him, if we were going to keep one of Jake or Rust, I'd have preferred Jake. The timing of his free agency and cap hit just didn't work.
Except Dubas pissed away cap space on crappy players…again.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Anyone else worried Dubas might try to sign Marner? Dubas has always been in love with him. Marner’s been skating with Crosby in the offseason. If Dubas gives that soft, playoff no-show 11+ million x 8 that will be a disaster.
I would take Marner in a second but that will never happen. Crosby skates with everybody. Players skate with each other all the time now. It’s not like it was 20 years ago where everyone hated each other.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I would take Marner in a second but that will never happen. Crosby skates with everybody. Players skate with each other all the time now. It’s not like it was 20 years ago where everyone hated each other.
Yeah if Dubas wants to drive up a dump truck full of cash for Mitch why the f would the Pens not do that?

I don't think there's any chance in hell Marner would want to sign here for a team that is going to have no chance of winning for like a decade though.

Reactions: Sideline

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Anyone else worried Dubas might try to sign Marner? Dubas has always been in love with him. Marner’s been skating with Crosby in the offseason. If Dubas gives that soft, playoff no-show 11+ million x 8 that will be a disaster.
Why would anyone dislike that? Marner's an elite playmaking, point producer. Sure, he isn't the best come playoff time, but let's be real; we're not really a playoff team anyways. He's just make the 82 game regular season more exciting to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad