Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The Canucks were the most interested team in Guentzel, but they didn't have a 1st or 2nd this year and weren't willing to trade Lekkerimaki for Guentzel. What did they have to offer? At best you were looking at something like Podkolzin (who was dumped for a 4th in the off-season), Raty and a 2025 1st, which isn't better than what the Penguins got.

There was a rumor that the Rangers offered Othmann for Guentzel, but without knowing what was on top of that, it's hard to say. Beyond that, there didn't seem to be a massive market for Guentzel.
i like the 1st.

Reactions: Gurglesons

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Jake wanted a fair market contract and to remain a Penguin. What a monster.

Besides Sid and maybe Geno every other players on the team currently did the same.

Reactions: Gurglesons

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Jake got 9x8 on a state with no tax.

We couldn't compete. He got everything he wanted.

He helped us win a cup gave us some good years. He's going to have a few more 40+ goal seasons beside Kucherov powerplay.

I saw someone talk that Stamkos was the most important part. Wrong.
Guentzel may not score as many as Stamkos but Kucherov controls that puck and dishes it out enough that between him and Point they should still score a ton.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Jake got 9x8 on a state with no tax.

We couldn't compete. He got everything he wanted.

He helped us win a cup gave us some good years. He's going to have a few more 40+ goal seasons beside Kucherov powerplay.

I saw someone talk that Stamkos was the most important part. Wrong.
Guentzel may not score as many as Stamkos but Kucherov controls that puck and dishes it out enough that between him and Point they should still score a ton.
I think he would accepted something like that or close to that...IF...the Penguins wanted that. I don't get the sense they did but it's an awkward thing to admit.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Fair point. So are we going with Dubas drove him out (Graves contract plus getting some assets over letting him walk) over him preferring to win a Cup and getting paid tax-free?

I think Dubas just didn't want to tie up that much cash in a 30 year old.

Which is the right decision. Jake got paid, Dubas got out of the contract, but that doesn't mean Jake didn't want to stay here.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Why would anyone wanna stay here after dealing with Sully? We are also done competing, so why even stay here when you can get cups on better teams?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jake wanted a fair market contract and to remain a Penguin. What a monster.

Besides Sid and maybe Geno every other players on the team currently did the same.
Jake being here wouldn't serve the rebuild well though. Him being traded was a good thing. And again he won't age well. In a couple years he'll fall off a cliff.

Why would anyone wanna stay here after dealing with Sully? We are also done competing, so why even stay here when you can get cups on better teams?
Very good point.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Jake being here wouldn't serve the rebuild well though. Him being traded was a good thing. And again he won't age well. In a couple years he'll fall off a cliff.

Very good point.
That’s fine if you think it was the right move but stop blaming Jake for forcing his way out when it’s the complete opposite.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That’s fine if you think it was the right move but stop blaming Jake for forcing his way out when it’s the complete opposite.
What? When did I blame Jake for anything? You must have me confused with someone else. I never blamed Jake, nor would I care if he forced his way out. I'm glad he's gone.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I think Dubas just didn't want to tie up that much cash in a 30 year old.

Which is the right decision. Jake got paid, Dubas got out of the contract, but that doesn't mean Jake didn't want to stay here.
And plus, watching Jake play for Tampa will be fun. Like if Sid went to Colorado. Gonna be rooting big time for him to smash career highs.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And plus, watching Jake play for Tampa will be fun. Like if Sid went to Colorado. Gonna be rooting big time for him to smash career highs.
I'd love for Sid to go to COL. We'd get a haul, he'd be in cup contention and he could still comeback to finish his career here. WIN-WIN!

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Guentzel could push for 100 if he’s stapled to Point and Kuch tbh

Truly one of the best complimentary players I’ve ever seen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad