Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto1812

Mar 28, 2013
Spirit actually f***ed me over and I wasn't even able to fly to Vegas. They had my boarding information wrong and basically bullshitted me long enough saying "we can't fix it" for me to miss my flight.

The lesson I learned is don't fly with Spirit.

I did it once.... never, never again.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
There is exactly why you get a 1st from Carolina instead of a 2nd.

Got two 2nds out of it.

Dubas fails yet again.

You need to have a player worth acquiring and I'm not sure the Pens have one.

I wouldn't want Jarry with that contract if I was a GM.

Everyone on this roster is a Dubas signing / acquisition outside of the big three, Rust and Rakell.

That's on him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the Dubas quotes from today make me much less confident in him going forward. His description of what he wants to do with the team just reeks of "I'm not going to do anything". I don't even think it's about the path he's picking, you can pick any of "rebuild", "contend" or "compete while building up the prospect pool" while being active about it. But I really got the impression that Dubas is perfectly fine with doing nothing and not making any moves to go towards any of those paths.

He said "we won't move out players if the return isn't good", which to me basically means "we won't be moving out any players" with who this team has on their roster.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I think the Dubas quotes from today make me much less confident in him going forward. His description of what he wants to do with the team just reeks of "I'm not going to do anything". I don't even think it's about the path he's picking, you can pick any of "rebuild", "contend" or "compete while building up the prospect pool" while being active about it. But I really got the impression that Dubas is perfectly fine with doing nothing and not making any moves to go towards any of those paths.

He said "we won't move out players if the return isn't good", which to me basically means "we won't be moving out any players" with who this team has on their roster.

Don't worry, he has a plan.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

The Penguins are totally stuck and he knows it.
We have no asset to sell of any value outside of Petts and Rust who has a restrictive NTC. He could try to swap Jarry for a different change-of-scenery goalie head case.

I think Dubas is a total mediocrity B-list McKinsey consultant type, but the Penguins are in a terrible spot to be active and do very much.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Pat Verbeek was as douche as a player.
Bondra, Tkachuk, Roenick, and Verbeek are the only 500 goal scorers who aren’t in the hall and have been eligible for eons. There has to be a reason for that.

We have no asset to sell of any value outside of Petts and Rust who has a restrictive NTC. He could try to swap Jarry for a different change-of-scenery goalie head case.

I think Dubas is a total mediocrity B-list McKinsey consultant type, but the Penguins are in a terrible spot to be active and do very much.
Same as every other year for the past decade it seems.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

That's why we should've been taking on deals like Mikheyev and Walman for 2nd round picks.

We are basically going to sign comparable players in UFA to similar term.

It makes absolutely no sense we aren't attempting to make deals like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad