Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I think I'd look good next to Cale Makar.
We're still playing this stupid game?

From a fan of a team that supposedly had Sid who could turn anyone into a legit player but is also notoriously hard to play with but Malkin is easy to play with anyone but also needs better linemates because that was an idiot narrative Pens media spun?

No way.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Mario is still attached to the team, but he's hardly poking his nose into daily activities anymore. Hardly been to a game until the Jagr retirement.

It's mostly FSG/Dubas/Sully show now. Let the black marks pile up, this isn't a well run/oiled machine anymore.

I don't understand what this has to do with anything I said.

Legendary players who stuck with one team their whole career are rare birds. You want that attached to your franchise if you can.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Most of the defense looked like trash. But yeah apparently a bloke that was good on two teams was secretly trash and the almighty playoff missing greats - The Pittsburgh Penguins - just outed him.

Ryan Graves has been trash his entire career.

People are severely overweighing xGA and +/- numbers to prove he was good.

He's always looked exactly how he did last season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
We're still playing this stupid game?

From a fan of a team that supposedly had Sid who could turn anyone into a legit player but is also notoriously hard to play with but Malkin is easy to play with anyone but also needs better linemates because that was an idiot narrative Pens media spun?

No way.

Nah, I'm playing the Ryan Graves f***ing blows game. One of the dumbest players I've ever seen on the blue line.

It's hilarious you're defending him.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Most of the defense looked like trash. But yeah apparently a bloke that was good on two teams was secretly trash and the almighty playoff missing greats - The Pittsburgh Penguins - just outed him.
I would not be surprised if the Pens somehow got out of Graves contract and he goes somewhere else and....continues to suck. He's Bouchard if Bouchard had a worse shot and couldn't make a stretch pass.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Nah, I'm playing the Ryan Graves f***ing blows game. One of the dumbest players I've ever seen on the blue line.

It's hilarious you're defending him.
I'm not defending him you wanker as much as I'm saying the Penguins system is shit and makes a lot of players look like shit because by design it's made to make everyone look incompetent.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So glad Dubas is hitting the craps at the Mirage…we wouldn’t want to actually trade any of our vets this weekend….

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don't understand what this has to do with anything I said.

Legendary players who stuck with one team their whole career are rare birds. You want that attached to your franchise if you can.

Sid loves Sullivan.

I'm not defending him you wanker as much as I'm saying the Penguins system is shit and makes a lot of players look like shit because by design it's made to make everyone look incompetent.

Graves has looked like shit for years.

We had nothing to do with it.

I would not be surprised if the Pens somehow got out of Graves contract and he goes somewhere else and....continues to suck. He's Bouchard if Bouchard had a worse shot and couldn't make a stretch pass.

He's a big player that sucks defensively, has no IQ, and thinks shooting hard from the point and missing the net is a good move in 2024.

There are no redeeming qualities to his game besides his skating.

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I dunno. I fully admit I haven't watched Graves' whole career but his issues last season seemed to go beyond the obvious coaching/system concerns. He seems like a very uh... dim... player. Little intensity to his game. Very casual. Lots of natural gifts but not enough grey matter to put it all together... that old chestnut, Hope to be wrong... doubt I am. He could go on somewhere else with a bought out contract making closer to third pairing money and do well on the right team with the right coach, I think.

Reactions: Sideline

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So glad Dubas is hitting the craps at the Mirage…we wouldn’t want to actually trade any of our vets this weekend….

Kyle’s at the beach doing research

IMG_9976.jpeg

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Id say it makes Graves look incompetent offensively, Graves has never been competent defensively. Always brutal. But it is true that he is clearly limited offensively because we have EK and Letang here, which sucks because that's his best asset. So hes thrust into a role that isn't him and harms the team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Id say it makes Graves look incompetent offensively, Graves has never been competent defensively. Always brutal. But it is true that he is clearly limited offensively because we have EK and Letang here, which sucks because that's his best asset. So hes thrust into a role that isn't him and harms the team.

His offensive abilities have been eroding as the point shot has eroded from the modern game.

Dude is one of the dumbest players I've ever seen play. Seems like a nice kid though.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The best role for him is with St Ivany. A stay at home type that let's Graves play to his strengths.

His offensive abilities have been eroding as the point shot has eroded from the modern game.

Dude is one of the dumbest players I've ever seen play. Seems like a nice kid though.
Who gives a f*** mate. Seriously you get off on beating the same shit to death like the Jarry walnuts do with personal insults. We get it. Maybe discuss other shit instead.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
The best role for him is with St Ivany. A stay at home type that let's Graves play to his strengths.

Who gives a f*** mate. Seriously you get off on beating the same shit to death like the Jarry walnuts do with personal insults. We get it. Maybe discuss other shit instead.

Didn't you go on some rant about Matt Murray and his beard?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
You've watched a small percentage of Ryan Graves games in his career, but talk like you've seen them all.
Have some humility.
Dude, how can you claim to be a proponent of process-over-results analysis when literally the only thing Graves has going for him in his defense is the #s?

This is...not a good take my man. In Colorado he was behind Makar and Girard. In Jersey it was Hamilton and Severson (lol). He's always been at least 3rd-banana offensively. And if a defenseman's best asset is their offense, and they've never even broke 30 points in their career, that's pretty tragic. If he was bringing other things to the table it'd be a different story, but he's not.

Anyways I can't believe we're back on Graves again...hopefully the draft and FA gives us some more interesting things to talk about...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Dude, how can you claim to be a proponent of process-over-results analysis when literally the only thing Graves has going for him in his defense is the #s?

This is...not a good take my man. In Colorado he was behind Makar and Girard. In Jersey it was Hamilton and Severson (lol). He's always been at least 3rd-banana offensively. And if a defenseman's best asset is their offense, and they've never even broke 30 points in their career, that's pretty tragic. If he was bringing other things to the table it'd be a different story, but he's not.

Anyways I can't believe we're back on Graves again...hopefully the draft and FA gives us some more interesting things to talk about...

Nah @PensandCaps is right. Graves is much better offensively than he is defensively.

He's shit both ways, but he's definitely more of a offensive guy which is why he succeeded with Marino.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad