Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kyle Dubas continues to not impress.

Just a complete dud in terms of effecting this franchise in a positive way.

It’s a sad day when you watch the Caps and wish your team was ran like them…

You bitch non-stop that the Penguins traded a 3rd for Smith last off-season to now only to drool over the Capitals trading a 2nd for Mangiapane this off-season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You bitch non-stop that the Penguins traded a 3rd for Smith last off-season to now only to drool over the Capitals trading a 2nd for Mangiapane this off-season.

I have never bitched about the Penguins acquiring Reilly Smith.

I’m talking organizational philosophy. Caps are taking measured moves to continue to be competitive while not giving up major assets.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I’m talking organizational philosophy. Caps are taking measured moves to continue to be competitive while not giving up major assets.

3f1.png

Blackhawks get a 2nd for taking on Mikheyev: "Dubas is a dumbass for not getting a good asset for taking on Mikheyev's deal"

Capitals trade a 2nd for a 1 year rental Mikheyev: "Caps are taking measured moves to continue to be competitive while not giving up major assets."

Reactions: Rave7215

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Yeah but if it was Dubas that gave up the 2nd you'd be bitching about him giving up futures for a help now piece. You are here only to bitch.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah but if it was Dubas that gave up the 2nd you'd be bitching about him giving up futures for a help now piece. You are here only to bitch.

The juxtaposition between complaining about Dubas not getting a 2nd to take on Mikheyev's deal to now saying "Washington gave up insignificant assets to keep their team competitive" when Washington traded a 2nd to get 1 year of Mangiapane is hilarious to me.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
No, I wouldn’t. Mangiapane would be a great UFA add that you could trade a 2nd for and try to be competitive. If you aren’t then you trade him at the deadline at 50%.

The juxtaposition between complaining about Dubas not getting a 2nd to take on Mikheyev's deal to now saying "Washington gave up insignificant assets to keep their team competitive" when Washington traded a 2nd to get 1 year of Mangiapane is hilarious to me.

That’s because you don’t understand the nuance.

The Penguins should be adding short term deals that they can either potentially get more value out of our get paid to take.

Mangiapane, Mikheyev, Walman. These are all the same type of acquisitions. Players you can acquire and dump for assets. The Capitals have been doing this for a few years now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Let them continue to make the playoffs by crawling to the finish line to get embarrassed in the first round for the next 100 years.

They don't have the fire power in their farm nor on their current team to compete against the big teams. Let them continue to move sideways with bad deals.

They 100% have the fire power in their farm.

Lapierre, Leonard, etc.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No, I wouldn’t. Mangiapane would be a great UFA add that you could trade a 2nd for and try to be competitive. If you aren’t then you trade him at the deadline at 50%.

That’s because you don’t understand the nuance.

The Penguins should be adding short term deals that they can either potentially get more value out of our get paid to take.

Mangiapane, Mikheyev, Walman. These are all the same type of acquisitions. Players you can acquire and dump for assets. The Capitals have been doing this for a few years now.

You've literally been advocating for KK and Dubois...like, f***ing what? 🤣

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Mangiapane was not a great fit. I was surprised by the report earlier about being linked to the Pens. I still think that was mostly based on the world championships and playing with Bunting.

Now he gets to play with Dubois. Lucky guy.

Just in case no one else realized it, I just learned that Mangiapane is Italian for "bread eater."

It's actually eat bread. Literally. Mangia (eat) pane (bread).

EDIT: actually, you are right. If you separate the words, it is eat bread. If you keep the word as one, it is bread eater.

My bad. :) My ancestors are turning over in their graves right about now.

Reactions: Rave7215

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
You've literally been advocating for KK and Dubois...like, f***ing what? 🤣

Yes. And every time I have it’s because you can potentially move them later down the line after pumping their value and they can help us be a playoff team now given their age.

It’s hilarious how hard it is for you and Empo to comprehend this. Shouldn’t be surprised I guess.

I could probably copy and paste one of your posts and you’d tell me I was wrong.

Lapierre is already an NHL player and isn't drastically going to propel them anywhere. We haven't even seen Leonard in the NHL.

He will be good but you don't win a cup with one good player.

Laps just was a top performer on the Calder Cup winning Bears. Caps have him, Miro, Leonard, a 1st round this year, as well as Strome, PLD and McMichael as a decent young nucleus to build around.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024

EDIT: actually, you are right. If you separate the words, it is eat bread. If you keep the word as one, it is bread eater.

I don't speak Italian, and it could be argued I don't speak English either, so it was possible I was wrong.

Reactions: Jag68Sid87

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Mangiapane was not a great fit. I was surprised by the report earlier about being linked to the Pens. I still think that was mostly based on the world championships and playing with Bunting.

Now he gets to play with Dubois. Lucky guy.

PLD is going to prove a lot of people wrong this season.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yes. And every time I have it’s because you can potentially move them later down the line after pumping their value and they can help us be a playoff team now given their age.

It’s hilarious how hard it is for you and Empo to comprehend this. Shouldn’t be surprised I guess.

I could probably copy and paste one of your posts and you’d tell me I was wrong.
It would have a coherent thought with a reasonable premise so I would be able to immediately tell it wasn't yours. :laugh:

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Anyone think that Bemstrom could have a nice little breakout season in 24-25? I wonder what sort of role he's likely to play this year and if they might still acquire another player who could push him down the lineup further.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
PLD is going to prove a lot of people wrong this season.
All of those people work for the Washington Capitals I presume?

Everyone knows he’s capable of being a good player. Everyone also knows he’s capable of being mediocre and mentally checking out. I’m predicting an initial boost due to new environment that will fizzle out until Caps fans want to strangle him in about a year and a half.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Anyone think that Bemstrom could have a nice little breakout season in 24-25? I wonder what sort of role he's likely to play this year and if they might still acquire another player who could push him down the lineup further.
No, at least not in the NHL and not for the Penguins. He might be a good WBS guy for us that gets call up in a pinch. Otherwise, they won't qual him. He wasn't terrible but he defines "didn't move the needle".
Glad I am not the only one confused.
Incoherent and inconsistent. About the only thing he's consistent at doing. And then to top it off, tries to rag on Dubas about "plans".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad