Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Was the EK trade really that big a risk, though?

I mean... this team sure made it LOOK that way by somehow chopping like 50 points off his totals from just one year prior or whatever and generally looking like they have no idea how to use him. I get that. But it shoulda been a slam dunk. And they traded literally their garbage for it plus a middling first. On the outset I didn't see much risk.
Just getting rid of Rutta+Granlund costs you a 1st. IMO the EK trade had to happen. Hextall f***ed up the team so bad

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Man, I just went through like 6 pages from this morning and it’s all depressing…is anything good happening for the Pens? lol…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Man, I just went through like 6 pages from this morning and it’s all depressing…is anything good happening for the Pens? lol…

1719513860060.png

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Granlund just put up 60 in 69.

Rutta was fine.

"but Granlund was on a bad team".

Yeah, he would've been on a bad team here.

Granlund sucks

He played almost a minute more than Crosby did last year a game. And he go 23 points on their top pp.

He would have been on the second pp here and got like 14-15 min game. He would have been lucky to hit 30 points.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Was the EK trade really that big a risk, though?

I mean... this team sure made it LOOK that way by somehow chopping like 50 points off his totals from just one year prior or whatever and generally looking like they have no idea how to use him. I get that. But it shoulda been a slam dunk. And they traded literally their garbage for it plus a middling first. On the outset I didn't see much risk.
I can’t for the life of me understand why anybody would think that was a bad trade. Jeff Petry alone would have cost that 1st to dump lol

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I got on here and saw a bunch of new pages…only to see it’s the same few posters saying the same things a hundred times haha. I started just scrolling until I saw twitter links instead of reading the back and forth.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'll never forget going to a Denny's somewhere outside of Pittsburgh while being VERY hungover and listening to the corpulent couple one table over from ours tell the waiter how much more they liked it here than the one in Cranberry because the portions were so much bigger and could his wife please have a chocolate sundae to top things off with more hot fudge than ice cream.

Murica.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'll never forget going to a Denny's somewhere outside of Pittsburgh while being VERY hungover and listening to the corpulent couple one table over from ours tell the waiter how much more they liked it here than the one in Cranberry because the portions were so much bigger and could his wife please have a chocolate sundae to top things off with more hot fudge than ice cream.

Murica.
Tbf Cranberry is a septic pig’s anus. Good thing we moved the practices there.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

Murica.

Don't let those people know about Hoss's.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Guentzel is not a secondary scorer. The Stars have plenty of scoring. Florida's secondary and tertiary scoring also dried up against Edmonton. It is the playoffs. That happens.

The main reason why Dallas lost to Edmonton is because they made life way too comfortable for McDavid and Draisaitl. They are nowhere near gritty enough.

To that end, rumors of them adding William Carrier, who played for DeBoer in Vegas, makes a ton of sense.

Reactions: Andy99 and Turin

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Guentzel is not a secondary scorer. The Stars have plenty of scoring. Florida's secondary and tertiary scoring also dried up against Edmonton. It is the playoffs. That happens.

The main reason why Dallas lost to Edmonton is because they made life way too comfortable for McDavid and Draisaitl. They are nowhere near gritty enough.

To that end, rumors of them adding William Carrier, who played for DeBoer in Vegas, makes a ton of sense.

what is he?

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018

Agreed. They were baby poop soft

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't think $4 million a year for Domi is "bad" but I don't know why you'd ever give him a 4 year term.

With that being said, Domi for 4 years at $4 million is a deal I'd hate a lot less than a bunch of other UFA moves this team could make. I'd like that Domi deal to be the Penguins 3C a hell of a lot more than paying Wennberg $3+ million over 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad