Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Pro tip: put certain core posters on ignore for draft/free agency and then activate them back later to have the full HF experience without the endless “Nothing ever happens. Billions must complain.”

I'm sorry. There's just so much going on this time of year. I didn't mean to get in the way.

Reactions: Gurglesons

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
SJS get Grundstrom from LA. I actually really like Grundstrom. Wouldn't hate to see a mid-pick send to SJS for him.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Reading that Rossi article for myself, it was actually a bit juicier than I expected but still didn't offer much. I know it's Rossi, but an interesting note was that the team was much happier with Smith's performance to end the year, which I didn't realize he actually produced really well after the deadline (15 points in 25 games) while mostly playing with Eller and Puustinen.

If you can't get anything of notable value for him right now, I wouldn't be rushing to trade him. Even if they're okay with Eller at 3C (which I disagree with), I think O'Connor-Eller-Smith could be a good 3rd line if O'Connor and Smith continue their late season performances from last year. It also leaves open a spot for Ponomarev to play in at some point while he can be supported with a good winger duo.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Oh you’re still here. I just mean the other poster who seems determined to turn this board into Toronto’s.

1719512534065.png

Reading that Rossi article for myself, it was actually a bit juicier than I expected but still didn't offer much. I know it's Rossi, but an interesting note was that the team was much happier with Smith's performance to end the year, which I didn't realize he actually produced really well after the deadline (15 points in 25 games) while mostly playing with Eller and Puustinen.

If you can't get anything of notable value for him right now, I wouldn't be rushing to trade him. Even if they're okay with Eller at 3C (which I disagree with), I think O'Connor-Eller-Smith could be a good 3rd line if O'Connor and Smith continue their late season performances from last year.

Contract year, consistently a player who is on / off every other season.

Never got the idea of moving Reilly Smith especially if we aren't attempting to actually be competitive. We'll get much more for him at the deadline if we can turn him around.

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Nothing matters anyway.

Dubas sucks.
If Dubas somehow makes a good trade, Sullivan will ruin the player anyway.
If the player somehow is good, Jarry will ruin the team.
If Jarry somehow is good, Crosby is a choker.

And so on... :D

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh you’re still here. I just mean the other poster who seems determined to turn this board into Toronto’s.

I didn't realize I was that big a nuisance but yes I suppose I am.

Were this Toronto's board we would be longing for the days of Darcy Tucker and how if we just "get tougher" we could make this thing happen. Even we're not that bad off yet.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I didn't realize I was that big a nuisance but yes I suppose I am.

Were this Toronto's board we would be longing for the days of Darcy Tucker and how if we just "get tougher" we could make this thing happen. Even we're not that bad off yet.
I meant you’re still here for me as I I didn’t put you on ignore, so my post isn’t talking about you lol

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
"We are going to focus on getting younger"

Cue Dubas signing a bunch of 27-32 year old one year deals that block out everyone but DOC next year.

"what did you want Sullivan to do?"

yay our pick is helping San Jose improve their futures. Great job Dubie!

#respecttheplan

You complain dubas doesn’t take big risk.
He does with the karlsson trade.
You complain he makes the trade.

Dubas if he do
Dubas if he don’t

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
You complain dubas doesn’t take big risk.
He does with the karlsson trade.
You complain he makes the trade.

I've made the case for this narrative for days.

The EK trade is good in a vacuum.

Sitting around and letting the coaching staff / the powerplay ruin your chances and elevate the pick to basically as good as San Jose could've wished is not good.

Pick a lane. Be a GM with an actual plan. Focus on it. Execute.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I've made the case for this narrative for days.

The EK trade is good in a vacuum.

Sitting around and letting the coaching staff / the powerplay ruin your chances and elevate the pick to basically as good as San Jose could've wished is not good.

Pick a lane. Be a GM with an actual plan. Focus on it. Execute.

I agree you just confuse me sometimes lol :huh:

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Was the EK trade really that big a risk, though?

I mean... this team sure made it LOOK that way by somehow chopping like 50 points off his totals from just one year prior or whatever and generally looking like they have no idea how to use him. I get that. But it shoulda been a slam dunk. And they traded literally their garbage for it plus a middling first. On the outset I didn't see much risk.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I agree you just confuse me sometimes lol :huh:

I'm not sure what is confusing.

Kyle Dubas is our GM and sabotaged our season last year while he had a 1st round pick floating.

He should be ridiculed for his lack of movement and now we are seeing San Jose get full value out of that 1st while our GM is now preaching that we need to get younger and focus on picks.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Was the EK trade really that big a risk, though?

I mean... this team sure made it LOOK that way by somehow chopping like 50 points off his totals from just one year prior or whatever and generally looking like they have no idea how to use him. I get that. But it shoulda been a slam dunk. And they traded literally their garbage for it plus a middling first. On the outset I didn't see much risk.
Same with Smith for a 3rd. Guy was good enough to be a top 6 contributor on a Cup championship team. It's not like they sold the farmer for obvious junk.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad