Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
On this Laine talk a friendly reminder we are trying to limit how many assets we trade out.

Laine with little to no retention is worth not a lot. He's exactly who we should roll the dice on.

2 years 8.7 left. I imagine the 10 team ntc he has would not have Pittsburgh on it.

Accairi for Laine. We get a 2 million dollar hit to become a 1 million dollar hit I'm the bottom 6 and now do we do not need to overpay in years for a player in the top 6. Kinda matches the competitive time line goal we have.
I'd happily add some pieces to a Acciari + Smith package for Patrik Laine. Blue Jackets probably want picks and honestly I'd be fine with adding up to a 2nd. Or a 3rd and one of Broz/Lucius.

A talent like Laine doesn't become available every summer. There are some warts but this team and coaching staff already has plenty of those. He'll fit right in.

Also if we're going the "experiment route" I take Laine over Nuke 100 times out of 100

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Seravelli has become such a clown. TJ is my least favorite Penguin, maybe ever, and even I know there's a 0% chance he gets bought out.

To think this guy was actually reputable at one point
When was the 65 year old looking 36 NOT been a clown? seriously how does he look like a retiree from Boca in his late 30s? I'm 2 years older then him and I look 45 years younger then him.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The words Frank used are realm of possibility..

People take anything and run with it.

1718654653297.gif

When was the 65 year old looking 36 NOT been a clown? seriously how does he look like a retiree from Boca in his late 30s? I'm 2 years older then him and I look 45 years younger then him.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If Laine gets traded I’d imagine someone would pay more than us for him especially if there is retention.

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
I assumed Frank Seravelli was like 58 years old! Wow he didn’t age well at all! Homeboy must have been able to buy him and his buddies booze before the middle school dance.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
RW's twatter is GunnerStahl and I'm about 99% sure we have that name here so I assume that was him.

Awhile back someone got on there and white knighted the holy f***ing shit out him and said he's a great dad, a youth hockey coach, and that he takes hard lines on things, and is a great hockey mind...it was either Ryan himself or his mother. Worse than that oddball Stefan Noesen fan club president that came and went...that I am 100% convinced was Stefan himself.

I usually take the time to read RW but there is a guy who can't get out his own way sometimes.

EDIT: Why am I dogging RW again?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Maybe now that the Jackets have fired Pascal Vincent, Don Waddell will take former Cane employee Mike Vellucci off the Penguins hands.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Seravelli has become such a clown. TJ is my least favorite Penguin, maybe ever, and even I know there's a 0% chance he gets bought out.

To think this guy was actually reputable at one point
Seravelli used to be like the most reliable source. Crazy how much he's regressed. Reminds me of Sullivan's decline.

----

I don't mind Vellucci that much. Top 10 PK under his watch.
He works with the Forwards too. Got good seasons out of DOC, Puustinen, Eller, Rust, Sid, Jake. Even Carter was much better.
He might be good with the young guys next year.

Last edited:

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Seravelli used to be like the most reliable source. Crazy how much he's regressed. Reminds me of Sullivan's decline.

----

I don't mind Vellucci that much. Top 10 PK under his watch.
He works with the Forwards too. Got good seasons out of DOC, Puustinen, Eller, Rust, Sid, Jake. Even Carter was much better.
He might be good with the young guys next year.
Seemed like he was the heir apparent to the BobFather while still at TSN. Was hitting with every scoop. Since he left tsn, I think his sources dried up as he seems wrong more than he's right now. Also looking for more clickbait now that he has his own thing going on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad