Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Yes, people need to get that Dubas is posturing…he wants to trade some vets but is not getting the prospect or draft pick offers…probably just to trade a bad contract for a worse one, or have to give up a pick to move Jarry’s contract for example…so he’s between a rock and a hard place…has to wait it out and try again
Not sure I buy that on the Jarry front. Not this time.
He's already looked up their ranking among cap hits for tandems across the league. Full justification for keeping him ready to go.
Plus I think there's a personal attachment angle to this. The man flew to Edmonton last year to meet with him and his wife, to talk about the future. Then one year into the deal he trades him?
Nah. I'll believe it when I see it. Jarry wasn't even bad last year anyway. He was average to slightly above average.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Not sure I buy that on the Jarry front. Not this time.
He's already looked up their ranking among cap hits for tandems across the league. Full justification for keeping him ready to go.
Plus I think there's a personal attachment angle to this. The man flew to Edmonton last year to meet with him and his wife, to talk about the future. Then one year into the deal he trades him?
Nah. I'll believe it when I see it. Jarry wasn't even bad last year anyway. He was average to slightly above average.
He said the same thing last year though. He flew to see Petry and was talking him up and then dumped his ass

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Capitals continuing to pull ahead of the Penguins at their own game and at the same stage in their arc would be added insult to injury.

It's really weird but something tells me part of it has to do with actually changing stuff instead of just shrugging your way through seasons at a time while saying "gotta evaluate!" and "well we can't do THAT!"

They have been ahead of us since 2018.

We doubled down on their method to beat them…. After beating them two years in a row with our method?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Keeping a goaltender that the team doesn't seem to like playing in front of and who got beat out of playing the whole-ass only-good-part-of-the-season by a journeyman is certainly a choice befitting of the current state of this team, yes.
I don’t he think he wants him…but he wants the apparent cost of moving him even less lol

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don’t he think he wants him…but he wants the apparent cost of moving him even less lol

So sorry... that's what happens when you sign a terrible contract. Which even most of us morons knew at the time.

"Well I bought this debilitating, expensive pair of shoes that is actively deterring my ability to run. But I don't want to drive ALL the way to the store to return them. Guess I gotta just keep wearing them and lie to everyone about how awesome they are."

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $32,249.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: