Proposal: Penguins-Sharks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Crosby and Malkin are lead by example type players. They can inspire other players to adopt their habits and work ethic, but they aren't very vocal leaders. The Pens have often looked to supplement that role with veterans. I don't think their room would work with Kane any more than SJs did. It would probably be worse.

But Evander Kane has been the Shark's best forward the last two years. Evander Kane comes into the Penguins, he already know he is not and will not be one of the big cheese there. And that makes a big difference.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
More rumblings today about pitt being interested in kane at less $$$..... we know his agent has spoke with more than one NHL team. My guess is Kane will play in the NHL again this seaosn

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Meh that wreaked of a very typical Pens media smear campaign on a traded player(they tried the same shit with Kessel). No real evidence and not at all similar to Kane’s immense baggage.
Despres admitted years later his NHL off-ice issues when he went to play in Russia.

Here’s a french article about it:

In early 2016, he was unveiling for the first time the demons he had to fight.

“I got into the NHL doing dark things, I thought I could keep doing that. Staying up late, drinking alcohol, you are able to do that for a while, but it eventually catches up with you. "
Simon Desprès veut une chance - La Presse+

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Shift

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Kane is a really good hockey player, seemed to be under control when Thornton/Pavelski were in the room. Maybe a change of scenery and Crosby/Malkin could reign him in?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Was reported yesterday. Zucker for kane . Look it up. There was aleast one team that made contact with Kane agent . Dont think it was Pittsburgh

That's not the Pens, or a report, that's a writer (THW - Shane Seney) playing a guessing game and who "He" feels should be used.

There's no link to the Pens themselves or this being some form of a rumor with him stating his sources telling him something.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I really don't see the big deal people have with Evander Kane, especially with all the things Patrick Kane has done.

Reactions: BillyOcean

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
That's not the Pens, or a report, that's a writer (THW - Shane Seney) playing a guessing game and who "He" feels should be used.

There's no link to the Pens themselves or this being some form of a rumor with him stating his sources telling him something.
It was again written by a second source yesterday as well.....

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It was again written by a second source yesterday as well.....

Unless it is from a credible source pulling from a unknown source from within the org. they are all meaningless. It's not even a rumor. It's just them talking it up and jockeying for clicks.

Nothing wrong with discussion of it, but you can't use it as some strong case it has merit or as a rumor worth taking it seriously.

Edit: Also, it might be prudent to link your finds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darren McCord

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Unless it is from a credible source pulling from a unknown source from within the org. they are all meaningless. It's not even a rumor. It's just them talking it up and jockeying for clicks.

Nothing wrong with discussion of it, but you can't use it as some strong case it has merit or as a rumor worth taking it seriously.

To be fair...that's asking a lot of him.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Yes dear, however none of this is rocket science. A simple research couod lead you right to the multiple sources including the new York times. Burke has yet to make any splash at all and this could be it. At this time who would be a favorite over pitt? Zucker is a good as the sharks are going to get back .

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Yes dear, however none of this is rocket science. A simple research couod lead you right to the multiple sources including the new York times. Burke has yet to make any splash at all and this could be it. At this time who would be a favorite over pitt? Zucker is a good as the sharks are going to get back .

I search and found two THW articles by the same guy. I even type in New York Times and got nothing. So no these sources aren't there unless you got links. No credible source have tied the two together. So please post the links if you are going to throw rumors out there.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Unless Kanes comes at 50% for something redundant on the Prns, I have no interest, especially not for Zucker.

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
I mean, I would maybe think about Kane for Matheson straight up. And even then I don't know if its worth it for the damage it might do to the room and the unneeded controversy it would bring. I wouldnt f***ing dream of giving anything of worth for him. Even if hes on his best behavior the guy isn't that fun to play with because he plays with horse blinders. Shoots and drives to the net well but cant really play off others. Just really really risky all around

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I search and found two THW articles by the same guy. I even type in New York Times and got nothing. So no these sources aren't there unless you got links. No credible source have tied the two together. So please post the links if you are going to throw rumors out there.
That's funny a simple search leads to multiple sources. Pittsburgh hockey now mentioned it , the hockey writers mentioned it , and there are more. Perhaps adjust your browser settings :naughty::nod:

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
It's the New York Post, so take it with a grain of salt, but I saw this earlier today:

NHL team interested in Evander Kane trade after COVID suspension is up

So with this in mind, how about this proposal:

Penguins get Kane at $5 million
Sharks get Zucker

The Penguins get a sizable upgrade in ability, but at the downside of trading a good locker room guy (Zucker is apparently loved in the locker room) for a guy who.....needs work, to put it politely. The Sharks get out of Kane's deal while also getting a suitable short term replacement for him, while not having to pay any sort of assets to get out of his contract.

Big time pass. Kane has many issues. He is a cancer. No chance Pittsburgh does this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad