Recalled/Assigned: Penguins Send Chris Conner & Harry Z back to WBS (#43)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Exactly what I predicted would happen.

This would also make me think that either Neal or Bennett is coming back from injury.

Or D'Agostini.

aSockalypse

Feb 9, 2011
And Conner practiced on 3rd line RW today.
You'd think they'd put Engelland there until D'ags could go on Saturday unless they plan on bringing someone else up.

Wouldn't mind Engo in the mix for NYI, always seem to have some scratched buff in the lineup against them since '11, and sadly I don't see someone besides Harry Z up, unless they want to give Gibbons a shot since he's doing so well in WBS

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Wouldn't mind Engo in the mix for NYI, always seem to have some scratched buff in the lineup against them since '11, and sadly I don't see someone besides Harry Z up, unless they want to give Gibbons a shot since he's doing so well in WBS

I hope he plays against the Leafs, Engo vs Orr

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I hope he plays against the Leafs, Engo vs Orr

My question for this is why wouldn't we be better off having a better hockey player playing instead? What purpose will an Engo vs Orr fight serve other than being a quick sideshow? If the Leafs were still a bad team then sure, dress your trained sideshow monkey. But they are a good hockey team these days. Shouldn't we dress our best hockey players?

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
My question for this is why wouldn't we be better off having a better hockey player playing instead? What purpose will an Engo vs Orr fight serve other than being a quick sideshow? If the Leafs were still a bad team then sure, dress your trained sideshow monkey. But they are a good hockey team these days. Shouldn't we dress our best hockey players?

I said i hope Engo plays, playing Engo might not be putting your best lineup out there, but for me watching a heavy weight fight between Engo and Orr would be entertaining.

I will say from a hockey stand point a fight can sometimes give the bench some energy and turn around a game, remember Max Talbot.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I said i hope Engo plays, playing Engo might not be putting your best lineup out there, but for me watching a heavy weight fight between Engo and Orr would be entertaining.

I will say from a hockey stand point a fight can sometimes give the bench some energy and turn around a game, remember Max Talbot.

Spontaneous fights involving non-fighters can spark momentum.

Staged fights between goons does nothing but give the guys a bit of a rest.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Spontaneous fights involving non-fighters can spark momentum.

Staged fights between goons does nothing but give the guys a bit of a rest.

What Engelland vs Orr fight was staged?

Round 1 (NHL) - Engelland KO's Orr after some bumping
Round 2 (NHL) - Engelland beats Orr after Orr is pissed
Round 3 (NHL) - Draw after they go at it mid-play.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

a Max Talbot fight that starts because of bad blood can. That isn't a staged sideshow fight. Fights like Engo had against Vancouver are completely meaningless.

What Engelland vs Orr fight was staged?

Round 1 (NHL) - Engelland KO's Orr after some bumping
Round 2 (NHL) - Engelland beats Orr after Orr is pissed
Round 3 (NHL) - Draw after they go at it mid-play.

And if one of the two wasn't in the game, the only difference in those games would have been the lack of a fight. Orr can skate around being a bad hockey player if he wants. I don't see why we should follow suit.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I sort of liked what Zolnierczyk was doing, but i wouldn't mind never seeing Chris Conner again. that penalty shot "attempt" from 2011 is going to haunt my nightmares forever and ever.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Conner and Z are just useless. Conner is too small to take a hit or protect the puck and Z is completely bereft of any talent or skill.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Z on a 4th line is good. He agitates and brings energy to a 4th line. However, Adams and Glass were playing at a much higher quality than most of us expected. Adams actually had his worst game of the year but that's to be expected here and there.

I will hold my judgment as we are WAY early in the season. But I do like what Z brings toa 4th line.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Z on a 4th line is good. He agitates and brings energy to a 4th line. However, Adams and Glass were playing at a much higher quality than most of us expected. Adams actually had his worst game of the year but that's to be expected here and there.

I will hold my judgment as we are WAY early in the season. But I do like what Z brings toa 4th line.

I mean Z is okay as a 4th line fill in but he's like an Adams or Glass-lite, which is a scary thing to say as Adams and Glass are not all that effective themselves.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don't think I'll miss either one of them. Really missing Neal on the 2nd line. Malkin must be getting frustrated with the lack of talent on his line.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
The last Penguin to fall down as often as Z was Boychuk. Seriously, it's like every other shift. That isn't good company to keep.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
I wouldn't mind seeing Harry Z rotated with Glass, though. He gives 110% on the ice and on an energy line that surpasses any expected talent and skills. Adams is still a vital part of our PK and Vitale is doing a tremendous job as the faceoff man.

Chris Conner, on the other hand, I want to see never, ever again.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
I really liked Harry Z on 4th line but it's not a big thing for me he was sent down. And Conner, he sucks, so it was a good news. Imagine, he played over Jeffrey. Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad